View Single Post
Old 29-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #26
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Cheers guys.

We test drove an auto a while back, and it was VERY bad. My current BTR 4-speed is smoother! The manual don't seem to bad, and looks like they enjoy a good revving LOL :P

Personally, I feel that the four-pot would be the wiser choice for my girlfriend in regards to economy etc if she was to purchase a TX5/626. I'm not sure about the maintenance side of things.

The last one we looked at, the timing belt was replaced at 150k kms ($800 odd) and the water pump ($130 + $250 labour) so it's not cheap... But what else can go wrong, I'd rather not think about!

I am trying to look more wisely at the 323 Astina hatch, but I wouldn't have the first clue about them...

Oh, apparently the TX5 Ghia V6 manuals ALL got the 4WS. ??
Hey X, The TX5 Ghias came in both Fwd and FWS as far as I understand. I just sold mine (93 V6 Man Ghia Fwd) with 280,000K's on the clock and to be honest I was pleased to see the back end of it. I bought it with 206,000k's as it was in my price range at the time but by the time I had some essential repairs done I wished I'd waited and saved my cash.(big $$$$$) I am not sure what age your girlfriend is either but you should check up on the cost of insurance too, I am over 40 and it was costing me over $600 a year with 65% NCB. Overall I must say they are a stylish car with excellent performance and very good fuel economy. If you're considering buying one I would seriously look for one with full service history, and avoid the 4WS models as I was told by a couple of suspension places that they can be very expensive to maintain (alignment and bush wear problems) so they said!!! Hope this is of some help!! Happy hunting.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote