View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 08:17 PM   #974
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I have found over the last couple of years, tasks that fuel the mind and break the pattern of negative thinking, have really helped me.

The most obvious being my detailing obsession, but I have also enjoyed baking and, recently, rediscovering the power of gardening. I find that when I’m out in the garden, tending to plants, that I’m concentrating on the task at hand rather than what’s bothering me.

Not everyone is blessed with a green thumb and you don’t have to be and nor does gardening have to hard work. Try sprouting seeds on a windowsill or plant some seedlings in a pot by the back door. Seeing things grow and flourish is very rewarding and feeds the soul.

Despite gardening being my profession, for some reason lately I have found a sense of enjoyment and comfort from my time in the garden. The ability to stick my head into a shrub and forget that the world is pretty crap at the moment is a very powerful tool to have in managing my mental well-being.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: