View Single Post
Old 19-01-2020, 10:36 PM   #13
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: 2009 MB Mondeo 2.0L TDCI AWF-1 Trans flush

Just done a big service (all fluids/filters except coolant) and this time the trans was included, I've got a good routine going and smashed it out quickly. One problem I found this time is the heat cycles really had the plugs tight and I'm sure I've done a small bit of damage to the little trans drain plug (for the fluid level plug) so if you're doing your own fluid changes please do take care when undoing them. I might order another just in case for the next fill. That and my drivers inside cv boot is leaking grease. It's not split or anything like that but the larger steel clamp on the boot is where the grease is leaking from. This is the RH/side this time as the LH/side had the same issue a few years ago. Fixed by renewing the steel banding so will be doing that again first.

On a plus note I've also done my fathers '15 MD ecoboost trans before he headed out on a Xmass gathering and the vehicle went brilliantly, funny enough we changed sparkplugs ($100 from ford) and that had cleared up some slight rough idle that he had noticed. everything is back to tip top for that vehicle too as it's had a half interval oil change.

Up next two Mondeos getting their annual strip, correction, polish and two sealant coats...
This user likes this post: