View Single Post
Old 22-02-2020, 03:02 PM   #66
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Would you buy a discounted Holden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Surely it wouldn't be totally uncommon that equivalent cars aren't available for the insurer to exercise the new for old option. For example the limited run Grid Edition Golf Rs, NRMA supposedly won't replace them with the fully fledged model (which is all that's available now) as they're quite a clip dearer and thus not an equivalent model by their reckoning. So you just get a bag of cash.

Whether insurers might exclude all future new Holden policies from the new for old cover to prevent confusion, who knows.
I purchased on of the last MY17 SSV Redlines and when I called to insure it they actually told me that the New For Old would not apply to it (the Mazda 6 I got rid of for it still had it on the policy) so they seemed to know already. I was going to tell them not to bother with it and give me agreed value but didn't need to. Its been on agreed value ever since...

As for OP's question... If i needed a fuel efficient daily a new Astra with the larger engine (1.6 Turbo) on the cheap would be a hell of a good buy.. Im just not in the market for that at the moment...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: