View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #1313
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Mate- that is a bit of overreach.

In NSW the Police have in my opinion been very good in policing the policies.

Case in point they allow learners to drive - as it is educational and you are allowed to drive to an educational facility. Common sense being implemented in NSW.

This is an incredibly serious crisis and the NSW Government and Police IMHO are doing a stellar job in terms of lockdown.

Only thing I would like to know is what is the end plan- wait for a vaccine in tight lockdown, or slow modulated releasing to spread Covid 19 in a controlled fashion to reach 60-70% of population having antibodies = herd immunity.

I was speaking to my brother who is a drug maker- legally- has a PHD and makes medical drugs and stabilisers, and he raised a horrific point- saying it is accepted that there will be a vaccine in 18 months. He said it is not certain we will achieve a vaccine?!?

He then said another policy would be to allow children and young and healthy back out to work/school, uni, in essence to allow them to be infected and become immune, while strong isolation is in place for elderly and vulnerable to protect them, and allow in a controlled way the spread of infection through the population able to meet it and get antibodies.

The idea to allow progressive controlled infection from most able to meet the disease and then upwards to achieve herd immunity of 60-70% immunity of the population.

At present the governments seem to be putting all eggs in the vaccine basket. What if in 2 years no vaccine.

Surely there should be a backup insurance plan put into effect now in the event the vaccine fails?
I spoke to my nephew who's a pharmacist in a Queensland hospital. He's completely pro-pharma, but his advice to me was keep up my prevention protocol, it will work better than a vaccine or pharma intervention. He's aware he can lose his job if he doesn't toe the official narrative i.e. only drugs and vaccines can deal with this man made panic demic.