Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #477
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Whilst most of my clients lawns are irrigated, some are not and it certainly leaves a mark on the weekly budget. I certainly feel for those that would be hurting business wise due to the lack of rain.
Do you have any real estate maintenance contracts as part of your business ?

One of the chaps here has an agency that retains him to regularly maintain unsold blocks and properties.

I understand contracts can be a bit problematic . first hand experience on that when Rod's Lawns St. Marys , me , had one in 1995-to 1997 .

I got a sub contract from Jim's Mowing to maintain about 20 local Telstra sites . Once I did an induction course on security related matters directly with Telstra and signed off on spray licence requirements with Jims Mowing contractor as well as , relevant public liability and business name registrations and such I took on the sub contract and had to work to a strict schedule .

It was great to start with but after a few months I had gutter repair and cleaning , non flush toilet can replacements in remote locations, basic building maintenance and other stuff added with no increase in the rates .

I fitted in about 40 regular private customers and the occasional periodical customers in amongst that .

When it came time to re negotiate with the Jim's Mowing contractor from Devonport I found it a tough task to get anywhere with a few extra bucks but about that time I picked up a part time job at our High School from 7am to 11.30 am each day .

I'd get home by midday , gobble down some lunch , load the ute and head off up to 70 kms for some Telstra jobs , tick off a set lot of duties and often wouldn't get home to 7pm especially if you could get two or three closeby Telstra sites done in the one trip..

Eventually I finished the second contract time and found out another person recently retired was interested so I let it go .

Not sure I'd ever want to go through that again , negotiating contracts .

Last edited by roddy1960; 04-01-2020 at 08:43 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: