View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS
Agree with you there JC. There is nothing like the sound of a Windsor at 5000rpm

Well done Aust, good to see you back in a AU, and a manual one too. Now lets start making you a list of mods. Im thinking AFR heads, ported intake, cam and a tune. Now that will put a smile on your face
Hahaha, thats actually fairly close.

The FG went because I a) am engaged so it made more sense to pay for the wedding etc and b) because you can't do anything to them without paying mega bucks for tuning. Funnily enough though I saw it again tonight with it's new owner who was passing through town - looks a little different now.

The AU will cop a fair bit of work but over a much longer period of time.

As has been stated it is not a 220 and no utes EVER got the 220 - nobody has ever taken up my offer of a free car if you can prove they did (I'll give you mine) so I think we're pretty right on that one.

JC - I've got the bar itself off but have to get the brackets off this weekend. Will also have a sports bar for utes with a brake light built into it for sale too. I'll take some pics.

This one actually has a rubber floor but from what I can see, I think they've installed it over the top of the original carpet so hopefully when I rip it out it will be under there and should be good as new seeing as it's never been exposed. Also needs some new console bits as the previous owner fitted a phone kit so a few holes in plastics etc - all easy fixes.

The windsor may not be the fastest engine but by god they sound good - the sound alone has convinced me I made the right move. The fiancee has finished that off too