View Single Post
Old 29-09-2021, 03:47 PM   #1074
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'd happily drive trucks if the money was better, but I get paid significantly more driving a desk, without needing to spend thousands getting licenses and starting off delivering parcels.

There's way too much responsibility but not enough renumeration driving trucks for a living.
They are now offering a pretty penny to get drivers in, but its not as simple as dollars. When I worked for one of the big supermarket chains there, I was amazed to learn what sort of pressure and conditions logistic drivers were under. For example, the trucks are fitted with devices that monitors how well a driver drives e.g. are they applying brakes or throttle excessively, leading to higher fuel usage. And the data is then used in their performance reviews. Jeepers! Not sure how I would go to have my job being monitored to that degree.

Ads are now going or 50-70k pounds. 70k pounds would put you in the top 5 percentile of income earners in the UK.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: