View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #1056
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
A bit rich from someone who works in an industry that is heavily government subsidised.

But even if business's do have cash reserves saved for a rainy day, do you think it's possible for them to have enough cash to keep business afloat when their income has become zero? It's really not feasible for the majority of business's to have enough cash on hand to be able to handle 6 months+ with no money coming in.

I do agree with you in regards to unnessesary business's though.

Hopefully once this is over the government works to get our industries back in the country. But this is the libs though, they generally hate industry.
Every industry as incentives or subsidies of some kind, I dont think we want to go down the path of whether mining is beneficial for Australia or not. I have no love in particular for the industry, its a job.

No I dont expect businesses to fully be ready for this, but a month or two yes.

But I do expect the individual not to rely on the small (any size) business or government to the extent we seem to currently.

Agreed that we need a good hard look at what runs this country, problem is its fully of hard decisions and facts that the current political system cant openly discuss without being attacked or labelled a bully or some PC term.

If the housing market comes out of this and we dont have a proper recession/crash then I give up, ill join the sheep and negatively gear my way to happiness and my kids can pick up the tab.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
This user likes this post: