View Single Post
Old 31-08-2023, 04:16 PM   #14
rooster77
Starter Motor

Default Re: where to find engine number

Very much after the question was raised in this thread, but relevant for any who follow (like me, who just spent hours rooting around trying to find it)

My FG is the same - it's located where Mick (F6 R-spec) says in the post above.
I might be dumb, but it was still hard work even with that info.

In case it helps... I'll add:
it's perhaps 5 cm above the sump/block join, within a few cm of the bellhousing. The little flat bit of the block it's dot stamped on is not facing forwards, and not facing sideways....but more towards head level and angle if you're standing like mick says... next to the driver front wheel- so pointing a bit outward and upward.

You DON'T have to remove the exhaust manifold heat shield like I did (and still took ages to find it) You can see the area just underneath the heat shield, when looking toward the bellhousing/ block join just a little above sump level. I originally couldn't see any numbers, but when I saw a flat area of a few cm there, I wire brushed it and eventually saw the dots.

Page 201 of the owner's handbook shows the location, but the printed diagram was no help at all to me. When I looked at a PDF of page 201 it was (just) a bit clearer, but misleading because they show it facing directly forward, which it is not.
If this helps just one boofhead like me, my time was well spent.
cheers
rooster77 is offline   Reply With Quote