View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #388
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT
You're welcome for the read.

And I hope the next time your car needs the battery replaced, in a few years, your ASL brought back to life unit hasn't suffered the same fate again, that all these units are tragically heading towards.

(Someone on ebay was selling an FG2 ICC with a "Repaired by ASL" sticker on it, saying it's been fixed, so is now immune to the black screen problem, but I'm not sure why they thought that would be the case. We don't know what they do to them, if anything other than reloading the firmware.)
Just adding my comment here. 2014 FGII EcoLPi which killed the original ICC in December 2017 after a weak battery caused whatever it is that corrupts to become corrupted.

It was replaced by my dealer with the ASL unit I supplied to them.

After the recent lockdown and not using the car much, I started it a couple of weeks back and got the Airbag warning and black screen again. After taking a long drive to recharge the battery, at next restart the screen came back to normal but the start after that it froze on the logo display and the one after that it went black and has stayed that way since.

This suggests to me that ASL don't modify them in any way to protect them but rather just reload the firmware.

I'll also add that battery changes are best done without powering down the vehicle which was how Beaurepaires changed mine back then.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: