View Single Post
Old 26-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #35
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Stealing of catalytic convertors from driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Dunno, the guy down my street has about 20 cars. He buys crashed cars that were not insured, so not technically written off, dodgeys them up. Gets his dodgey mate to blue slip them, then flogs em off. He has a lot of unhappy customers. One audi a8 he has refunded and re sold 3 times already. My street is lined with unregistered ****boxs. So i dunno if theres a limit to registered cars. The council every few weeks go nuts with towing stickers. But they just get scraped off. This guy has 3 car trailers and 1 trailer plate. But im told as none of the trailers have vin numbers and the same description, the trailer plate is down with the trailer description and as home built. So dodgey, but he gets away with it. But this guy buys anything. He currently has holdens, fords, bmws, a land rover, a Bedford, a morris, 4 boats, its out of control.
Sorry OP, off subject but I do know NSW were coming down heavy on anyone with a car trailer and winch fitted something to do with the towing industry jumping up and down, I guess the scrappy's would do the same if Joe blow started buying up scrap metal and cats for profit without an ABN.
Was even questioned as to why I had a winch fitted on the front end of the tray truck once, pointed out to the RTA it was to pull heavy stone onboard as the tray is fixed not tilting.

I supposed someone with large quantities of Platinum/Paladium would attract the same kind of attention.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote