View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 02:20 PM   #46
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Stealing of catalytic convertors from driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yeah, they tried that in my fathers "secure" building carpark, all 8 floors down.
Opened every mesh garage door they could find. Rifled through and pulled bits off some very expensive cars.
My partner left her new Cannondale MTBike in it that night fortunately she remembered to lock it up to an internal post but a lot of others weren't so lucky and basically grab anything that was locked or nailed down. Even took the fire extinguishers.
Bike goes up into the apartment now no matter what.
Locked out is 1 thing, locked in is easy pickings i suppose. And for fire safety reasons, there needs to be egress, so if youre in, you can always get out. Plus people put the roller shutter up and simply drive to their garage. Scum can easily sneak in before the shutter goes down. When i lived at mums, my work van didnt fit downstairs so i parked it the open visitors parking. Nobody ever messed with it. It was in easy veiw of the 5 unit blocks. Also security patrols the outside, not the underground. I often had thousands worth of gear in that van too.
The only time ive had a car broken into it was a ute with a canopy. It was in a paid 'secure' car park. The only cameras were at the boom gates, pay stations and lift lobbies. So somebody busted my hatch locks, grabbed a few grand of tools probably put them straight in their car and drove out like nothing happend. In the 9 hours the car had been in there, 100s of cars had left, so neither the police or the car park mob had anything to go off.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: