View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #47
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Stealing of catalytic convertors from driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Locked out is 1 thing, locked in is easy pickings i suppose. And for fire safety reasons, there needs to be egress, so if youre in, you can always get out. Plus people put the roller shutter up and simply drive to their garage. Scum can easily sneak in before the shutter goes down. When i lived at mums, my work van didnt fit downstairs so i parked it the open visitors parking. Nobody ever messed with it. It was in easy veiw of the 5 unit blocks. Also security patrols the outside, not the underground. I often had thousands worth of gear in that van too.
The only time ive had a car broken into it was a ute with a canopy. It was in a paid 'secure' car park. The only cameras were at the boom gates, pay stations and lift lobbies. So somebody busted my hatch locks, grabbed a few grand of tools probably put them straight in their car and drove out like nothing happend. In the 9 hours the car had been in there, 100s of cars had left, so neither the police or the car park mob had anything to go off.
Stupidity on the management of the building meant no one was on the desk there to open the main gates first thing on a Monday morning for the garbage truck that needed access. They would simply leave the security gate open on Sunday afternoon all night. Sought of defeats the purpose of a high security building. I guess the thieves were casing the joint.

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote