View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
69ZBFairlane

Default having brakeing issues still!

hey matt ,ok Ive spent most of the day bleeding everything,I bled the master cylinder,the block,the booster and all the brakes,and unless Ive done something wrong its still doing the push it down then let the pedal back up then push it again and its firm....Its really annoying me lol,Im going crazy lol.

Well the master cylinder held pressure once it was all tightened and isolated from the rest of the system.

So once I had bled all the brakes again and flushed yet another bottle of fluid thru it,I got told to try and take the line from the booster to the back of the carbie of and if the brakes stay firm the booster is fine,so I tried that and the motor reved up due to vac leak where hose was but once I covered the hole it idoled down but the brake pedal did the same thing yet again.

I havent checked the rear cylinders yet but if they are leaking would they still work as in stop the drum spining??Or leak oil everywhere??

I also herd to check all the rubber lines for crack as it may be absorbing air thru them,but if air can get in wouldnt fluid be able to get out?

Also when bleeding the brakes I get my mate to pump the brake pedal in long firm slow pushes all the way near the floor 5 times then I loosen the bleeder let it squirt fluid out while the pedal pressure goes down and the pedal is near the floor and then tighten up the bleeder before he lets the pedal come back up and then repeat it 4 or 5 times and then move to the next one and check the fluid in the resevoir is this right??

any ideas??? Im going to try the isolateing thing tommorow block all four and releaseing them 1 at a time or do I l free one check the pedal if its fine block it off again and try the next one or do unclamp them 1 after another leaving each one unblocked as I move to the next???

I NEED HELP lol!
69ZBFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote