Thread: USA Riots
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #24
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: USA Riots

Looks to be more than just police system failure to me. Looks and feels like they are angry with "authorities" in general. This has a different look and smell about it than previous protests. And looking at how some of the police have reacted on raw videos on twitter, I can't see it ending any time soon.

There is a lot of similarities with the HK protest. Started off with a very specific cause. Then others join in. Those that join in later are of a certain age group that feel the system has neglected them. The difference is, the US protest doesn't have a leader or a common voice, so how do you even begin to negotiate?

I've been watching CNN the last couple of days. I find it interesting how reporters are trying to get black civil rights activists or black people in position of authorities, and even celebs to condemn the destruction and violence, but very few of them are actually strongly condemning it. They are often justifying it, saying peaceful protests in the past has not brought about any change.

Last night Karl Stefanovic interviewed a black rights activist, and started off with "...its seems to have escalated in a short amount of time". The interviewee looked dumbfounded, and said it has been brewing for a LONG time. Channel 9 focused on the looting, but the activist kept directing him back to the cause without condemning the looting. Not good.

Meanwhile, Australia has just bought this. I wonder if this will get deployed in the US in the coming days. Quite scary actually.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...eapons/7419408
This user likes this post: