Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #701
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I've been working from home since last Friday and had no issues until today when it was so slow I went into work. I arrived right on lunch time and barely anyone.

Traffic was good but you always get that one ***** that wants to sit in the right lane

I usually work from home ad-hoc maybe once or twice a month and it's a break but doing this longer term is quite different then I thought.

I had to turn the TV on to get some background noise going when I usually have it off
I cant work from home, but yes, the roads have been empty. My main issue is early mornings there are so many more people driving like theyre still drunk from the night before. Yes nsw police have put rbt's on hold for safefy reasons, still doesnt mean if you get pulled over for being all over the place, you can still get asked to count backwards from 10 into the breatho.
The main revelation from today related to this whole situation, the main building management company my work works for put out a directive. 1 person per elevator. In principal it sounds good. In practice with people lined up it adds way too much time to everything. If your in a loading dock or a foyer in a line with the prescribed distance, it takes an age. If youre on a floor and call a lift, if theres a person in it you have to let it go. Multiple times. And yet the clients will most deffinately complain about labour costs when theres so much time wasted on waiting for an empty lift car.