View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 10:32 PM   #20
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Re: Anyone done a Momo Red & Blue dye colour match?

I should have mentioned that he didn't charge me for the colour match. Which was very generous of him.
I assumed meant he felt he'd get a return on his investment with other orders for the same mix. But that's not the case.
I've spent most of my working life in printing where mixing inks and keeping a recipe book of them is just standard practice. Like you did.
I can't complain though, because apart from the postage and insurance, his kit and dyes have been good value for me.

More generally, I know what you mean about the levels of service and quality you receive to often from businesses. I regularly feel let down. And it doesn't get any better when you do bring it to their attention, only to be told near enough should be good enough, or you're being too fussy. I run my own business and I get that making sure you meet expectations often takes more time, and impacts your short term profit. But over time you get that back compounded. Repeat business with less competition. Versus spending money advertising for new customers, to replace the ones that don't return. Which usually attracts worse customers who want only a bargain.
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: