View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 08:17 AM   #3636
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Ok guys, I'm in need of some advice on cleaning/maintenance equipment. My bike (Giant Trance advanced Pro 1 29er, 2019) and I've just purchased a Giant Trance X Advanced Pro 29 2, '22, for my son, I also have my wife's Trance Intrigue Advanced pro 0, I'm looking for recommendations on the best gear to clean the cassette and chain and etc.
Any thoughts ?.

On another note, why is it that I can't get an accurate reading (let alone any reading) when trying to inflate the tyres using my air compressor or Milwaukee air inflator ?, I use the little gold adaptor on the Presta valves but I have no idea on how much pressure is in the tyres, do I need to purchase a foot pump ?, are they the only way to read correct pressures ?.

Cheers.
Yeah a foot/track pump will be the best way to get a good reading on tyre pressure. Or a decent pressure gauge.
Just be mindful if the bikes are set up tube less, most regular track pumps wont bead a tubeless tyre (ive managed to with my giant pump) although if they are tubeless can top up via the valve if needed without breaking the bead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Thanks mate, any recommendations on brand of lube etc, I think of the top of my head I had the RocknRoll stuff ?, it's up in the shed but I can't remember if this was the stuff I've got or not.
We use worth degreaser at work, works pretty well. But another good one i use at home is Muc Off Bio Degreaser. Also a good chain cleaner device is a good idea.

As for lube, another vote for Squirt, we also use this at work. Also another vote for Muc Off dry lube.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: