Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #1095
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
It's owned by a British company. That company was acquired by the Chinese a few years ago though.
You just can't escape the Chinese, unfortunately.
yes some profits will go back to the parent company bundy rum

a part of the visy packaging co make plastic bottles and ally cans (you know the cool drink thingies) and we use to cart them from where they were made in WA or stored in WA to coke or schweppes (and yes i know they arnt australian either but the product is made here as well) and we use to cart jim beam and <whatever> cans to schweppes for them to make the pre mixers on behalf of the jim beam co
ok so some profits go to the parent co but as prices of the same stuff made here dont go up , it just chips away at how much of the profit doesnt stay here
oh and the can manufacturer was WA owned and do glass bottles for the drinking industry (seen bundy and beam bottles produced there my brother works for them)

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!