View Single Post
Old 25-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #245
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

It's Christmas, and all mine may have come today...

Top-Left: That guy's hacked file.
Top-Mid: The other guy's unhacked file.
Top-Right: Sumitomo's 20MB file, string tracked down, code to change identified.

Bottom-Left: file compare details (what to search for and replace) - Theirs vs mine.

The screen in my car (well, it clearly wasn't today!!) has a newer firmware (and lots of FPV stuff the other SAT NAV unit doesn't have) but you can still search for the 8 bytes (you find it once only in the file) and replace what's on the left with what's on the right.

(Sorry about the large image, I've got a 40" 4K computer screen)

I used these lines to copy (and keep the old) maps over.. I cd /fs/usb0 and run the commands from there - where I've copied the bits and pieces needed:

#Delete any really old maps (never happens the first time)

rm -fr /packages/factory/navi_maps/root_dir/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator_o

#Update the NAV files keeping a copy

mv /packages/factory/navi_maps/root_dir/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator /packages/factory/navi_maps/root_dir/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator_o
cp -LR MobileNavigator /packages/factory/navi_maps/root_dir/usr/navngo

#Copy over any extra licenses (here I pick SWSA* just so I don't copy anything else and clobber any other of my good files)

cp /packages/factory/navi_maps/root_dir/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator/license/SWSA* /packages/persist/root_dir/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator/license

#Keep a copy of the original exe file, put in the hacked one

mv /packages/factory/navi/root/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator/sumitomo_sw-qnxarm-release /packages/factory/navi/root/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator/sumitomo_sw-qnxarm-release_o
cp sumitomo_sw-qnxarm-release2 /packages/factory/navi/root/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator/sumitomo_sw-qnxarm-release

Went to start up with the maps copied but before I copied the hacked exe over.
I got the following log output over and over and over, then copied the hacked exe and restarted and it all worked..

Ham: Entity "igo_starter" with pid: 917560 died
Ham: Restarted: /etfsRoot/usr/navngo/MobileNavigator/igo_starter

Lots more licenses now:

Updated maps running fine:

I've extended the two wires down to the tissue holder in my car, so I can get to them by just pulling that out next time.
I should mention you need to use the cigar lighter socket for a ground to the laptop!

Now that I've got complete backups of my 3 working units, I'm far more confident that I could recover from the blank screen problem now.
It would only be rare cases when critical files became corrupt - and it's probably just what certain companies are doing to recondition them.

Maybe I should now wrap up my two working spare units in sealed bags

Thanks guys, for your support. (And Merry Christmas again!)

Last edited by JasonACT; 25-12-2019 at 08:07 PM.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: