Thread: Landau Register
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #292
landau_jon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Landau information pack. 
Default Re: Landau Register

Thanks Wil, I will send you an email.

The general consensus is that all Landaus came from the factory the same way and the dealer fitted the spoilers mags etc once it reached the dealership.

As for the sunroof fitment, it is my understanding from chatting to a few people that the dealers were not keen to go to the trouble of fitting sunrooves so they would charge like a wounded bull and if the customer still wanted it, it could be done.

I believe there is extra roof bracing that happens when fitting a sunroof, so unless Ford were selling the bracing to dealers to fit them, I would guess that the dealer would put in an order for a Landau with a sunroof and they would do it at the factory.

Would be nice to here from someone if they know otherwise. Wouldn't seem to make sense to build a Landau with vinyl roof and then pull it apart inside and out to cut it up, weld it up and fit the sunroof then put it all back together, but lets wait for someone who knows.

Landau Reference Booklet

http://fordforums.com.au/wsm/landau/...20Booklet.html

Collecting all Landau info especially photos and ID plate details for the Landau register. Please PM me anytime!

---------------------------------------------------
Blue '74 Landau - 5.8L & C4
Viper '09 XR6T - 4.0L & ZF
Black '08 BT50 SDX
---------------------------------------------------
landau_jon is offline   Reply With Quote