View Single Post
Old 16-01-2024, 11:59 PM   #11
cm29579

Default Re: Preparing to farewell the AUII after 16 years ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
Yeah that may be too far gone for an AU...

My SII XR8 has little to no rust but then she's parked inside my garage about 90km from the nearest salt water.

What I do need are the front bar, preferably in Liquid Silver, and a new egg/HVAC controls as mine look...moth-eaten.

Apart from that drives like a new car...new suspension, engine mount, gearbox mount and assorted rubber bits does that though

...oh and the parts for a manual conversion would be nice
Yeah mine used to sound like a rattling mess for the first 10 years, then a simple d-link bush was replaced without me even asking as it was so stuffed, and that fixed all the front end rattles. Diff bushes are still 100% (original), can back off or re-engage harshly and there is no thud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2
There must be a twin to yours locally to where I live. The few times that I have seen it, it was parked near a beach.

I was thinking, buy another XR6 that is not as tidy as yours but rust free, then swap all of your good stuff off the rusty one onto the non-rusty one.
There's an ST XR6 i'm going to look at in the next week, Blueprint. I had that colour XR8 AUIII for a few years, and whilst I never really loved the way it drove, it looked spectacular.
cm29579 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: