View Single Post
Old 16-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #9
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker73
Pecker73 has been very busy lately.... New Business venture on the side.

However, last Saturday - 13th October around 6.30am it all came to a sudden halt.

Picture this. Me, in a 3 tonne Transit van packed to the roof, driving through Carrum Downs, Skye & Frankston delivering the weekend papers to all the newsagents, shops & servo's. :eclipsee_

I round a bend on McClelland Drive in Skye (for the locals), and there is suddenly something on the road in front of me (a fox as it turns out). Naturally I crap my pants and hit the brakes - 1st bad move; The brakes lock up, its been very wet morning and all the roads are nice and slippery.
The papers in the back of the van all tip to the passenger side and my worst fears are realised.... Over she goes... All 3 tonne, full tank of diesel, full load of papers and a couple of pallets. I dug my feet into the floor, pushed my bum into the seat and held onto the steering wheel for dear life.. :

Very ashamedly I confess that I did NOT have my seat belt on... e Very BAD HABIT when you are getting in and out 60 odd times in a morning... - 2nd bad move;

At the time of the brake lock up I was travelling between 70 & 80 kms, so when she tipped over it went over and over.... 2 full rolls and landed back in the upright position on the side of the road...

The van had a heavy duty cargo barrier bedind the front seats...1st GOOD move; so all the goods stayed in the back.

Thanks to the many caring passersby, help was on the scene within minutes and I had a trip to the hospital... Much to everyone's amazement, and mine... I came out virtually unscathed... A few decent bruises and bumps, NO breaks, no other damage. :newangel:

I consider myself to be one of the luckiest blokes alive... I vow to NEVER travel without my seatbelt from this day forward.

THANKS FORD, you building a bloody tuff Transit Van. :thebirds:

PS - GBG, I think I now hold the 'Roll Over' Crown ! :

Glad to hear your okay but you know what they say ""a little on the side will get you in trouble""

i know when i was delivering papers before school and weekends the sat age nearly made the pushie flip over with all the crap in it but this is rediculous!!!

now whats ya next trick and how do ya come out of all this ?????????

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote