View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 06:05 PM   #78
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Default Re: The bakery thread - Coromandel Bake Bakery

Todays review:
This place is a stand out favourite of mine and many others - the most obvious measure that this is a great bakery is that its always really busy. We had to wait in line starting from outside the shop and once inside, it was very clear that the customers cared more about their hunger than social distancing. Staff were very friendly and efficient but totally run off their feet.

When we eventually reached the counter, I ordered a chunky pepper steak and sweet potato pie plus a large sausage roll (Available in 2 sizes). Both of these exceeded my expectations in flavour and size. In fact, I ate the sausage roll before even thinking about taking a photo. Also ordered by other members of our group were butter chicken pie, chunky steak and mushroom pie and two more sausage rolls, all of which were greatly received and disappeared leaving only a few crumbs.

Dessert consisted of two vanilla slices, a chocolate custard donut and a standard chocolate donut plus a huge cookie for take away. I had one of the vanilla slices which were so deep that to take a proper bite, it would have been necessary to dislocate ones jaw so it was a case of just nibble and hope for the best. The flavour was as amazing as the quantity of perfect custard which was sandwiched between two flakey pastry layers cooked to perfection and coated with chocolate sprinkled fondant icing. other cakes did not disappoint the group.

On the way out, I purchased a 2Kg, 16 Inch long pasty slice and 4 chunky steak pies to put in the freezer for ron.

Overall rating: 9/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg first cake counter and fridge.jpg (137.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg display oven.JPG (131.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg second cake counter.JPG (142.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg close up.jpg (123.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg chunky steak and sweet potato.JPG (73.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg several bites in.JPG (90.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg desserts.JPG (128.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg deep custard.JPG (101.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Aftermath.JPG (103.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg For ron.JPG (132.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Eclairs.JPG (85.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Invisible sausage roll.JPG (39.0 KB, 9 views)