View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 01:05 AM   #19
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Woolies and Coles withdraw sale items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 4V XB View Post
“Kick em while their down” refers to the hundreds of thousands that are lining up for Centrelink payments wondering where their next meal is coming from. Sure they’ve helped during tough times, none more so than the recent fires that devastated the eastern coast of Australia. With the amount of profits made by the big 2, taking staple foods of the specials list while those that can are out there shopping with what they have left, IMHO it’s a kick in the guts.
You're thinking wrongly, most of the essentials are available in home brand packaging and those products are never on sale anyway.

The specials were normally the more expensive brand stuff that the manufacturer had to be OK with. They can hardly make manufacturers eat the loss of a sale price when they know the shelves are bare and coles/woolworths are going buy anyway!
Most of the stuff that was a bargain in the weekly sales were overpriced name brands and junk or luxury frozen heat and eat meals.
Hoarders are going to buy anything up, and doubly so if it's on sale!

I miss my coles homebrand pasta (69c and better than woolworths). My kid likes the small spirals best. I miss my homebrand coles rice (better than woolworths less starch needs to be rinsed and soaked off). Tinned tomatoes too a little bit more flavour than ww. They are 3 of the reasons why I go to coles, sales or not.

But woolworths better for eggs, flat bread (local lebanese bakery supplies us) and a couple of other things, regardless of sale or not.

But to reiterate - name brands on sale at coles/woolworths were those supermarkets forcing a lower price on suppliers to pay for the sale! That's why home brands were never on sale and why they never knocked much off certain items in the past. So what you're complaining about is why suppliers who need to keep jobs aren't cutting costs to coles or woolworths. Why aren't the supermarkets continuing in bullying suppliers?

Last edited by oldel; 26-03-2020 at 01:15 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: