View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #52
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockstandard
Also, unless you have owned the car from new you cant be sure its stock. I had a discussion with a person on another forum about a very high figure from a 'stock' engine. This person swore the engine was untouched and I told him the dyno numbers were to good to be true. The engine was pulled apart shortly later for an upgrade only to find an extra set of shims in the rocker arms.

Some engines are strong though (and some dynos are full of it). Id class 119kw as a healthy engine for sure, any more and Id start wondering what else was going on.
This engine is stock & the car was delivered new to the owner,he has always run it on a healthy diet of 98 octane fuel otherwise it was dead stock.We've taken care of it's servicing from 10000km onwards from memory.I agree with what you are saying though,in some instances i've seen what you have unless people have owned the vehicle from new.At the end of the day a dyno is a good tool for tuning & measuring the pecentage of difference whilst & after performing mods.

Cheers Glenn

Last edited by G&D PERFORMANCE; 12-02-2006 at 09:23 AM.
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote