View Single Post
Old 08-12-2023, 07:06 PM   #34
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
The TSeries is the gem that sadly under delivered due to many things expressed by DFB.
I admired each of them as they evolved.
The options and trim quality is something that stands out might I add.
The let down was not enough powa as mentioned till the last.
I remember yours DJM and the many other fellow forum members back in those great days on the forum.
In fact many are still in close contact to this day even though not on the forum.
The 220 as much as a reliable gem it was just wasn't enough :(
I bought new a S3 XR8 in Meteorite and I luved it so so dearly but I just had to upgrade when I could and sadly long after all the great run out deals at FTe dealers of T3's.
My local was Garlicks and I used to see 6 or more T3's at great pricing but I just didn't pull my finger out to trade up.
Low and behold come 06 and on this forum I got to know a member who was ready to sell his low K Blueprint - I sussed it out at Peter Warren AFD.
9/4/06 we starting sorting out a deal, when I test drove it I was gob smacked how much more it had to the 220.
I was in heaven, deal done and still in my hands to this day.
Yer it sure was a drinker, I used to giggle having led footed it so many times my DTE was around 450 or less.
The smell of the fumes at idle, lumpy and take off like a cut snake !
Its a halo Falcon for me, deserved being a GT imo due to the 5.6 stroker.
It talked the talk wtf all too late.

Great memories DFB was waiting for this part of the history to be posted.
I never got mine under 22 L/100km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
T2 TS50 for me is the pick of the T series cars (I had a T2 TE50). If only it got the 250 motor also, 220 was a gem in its own right also.
A girlfriend of mine at the time. Her dad was a motoring journo for the local rag. As soon as he told me he was getting a T Series in was in the the trip to Melbourne to pick it up when he got it and drop it off once reviewed (I suffered once he took it back, having to return home in a Kia Carnival) RDX-576 was that exact car i believe.

Love the pics
The 220 was a sweet motor. I always thought Ford/Tickford did well to get that power out of the old OHV Windsor, Holden needed a stroker to get that number, Mercedes 24V SOHC V8 produced the same power but was obviously more advanced.

The only thing I question with the 220 was that it was pretty highly strung to get those numbers, so I do remember at the time there being a few temperamental examples. Not sure how true that was.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: