View Single Post
Old 20-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #57
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Vfacts March 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
I can honestly see the car market being in a slump for at least the next 12 months in Australia. Regardless of when restrictions are slowly lifted, it's not like there will be a lot of people that will be going out to buy a new car. You need a job, stable employment and a financial system willing to lend people money in a dull economy. Will probably take 2 years to see the Australian new car market back up to the levels of a million plus market.

April is going to be a shocker and it'll be very interesting to see the figures from all the manufacturers.

But will peoples buying habits change? Will Utes and SUV continue to rule? Will the luxury brands see their sales and market share decline? How many brands, if any, will exit the Australian market? Will some brands cull their model lineups? Will we see an uptake in small car sales (Fiesta and Focus size) and the re-emergence of base spec trim levels to entice more people to buy a new car? Will EV's sales grow or go backwards?

Definitely interesting times ahead that's for sure.
In the street I'm currently working in all the cars are huddling in their garages while I'm seeing more of the locals wheeling out old bicycles and these are mostly people who are still employed.
Lot of first home buyers area with a lot of debt.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote