View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #339
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

THIS IS NOT A NAV UNIT!!!

This is in fact the Terry unit I fixed, dual zone, no bluetooth, and no sat-nav.

The gps module came today. I sent in the data that my good nav units do to configure the device and it seemed quite happy. The little antenna though doesn't like indoors, takes ages to get a lock. Much faster outside...

Seems these units have a default gps location when installed:

Plug in the gps unit (well, its output - I'm actually configuring it here with my mc the same way the gps program does on the real nav units, as I never did solder in the transmit pin on /dev/ser5 on this FDIM unit - didn't have a need for it until now)...

While I wait for the gps to get a lock, I'll plot a path for my car from Ford to my home (you don't get to see my address, if you turn up, it'll be death by razor blades...)

Oh, ok, it can get a lock indoors!

I just put all the MobileNavigator software on my usb stick, changed to that directory and ran these commands from that directory:

cd /fs/usb0/MobileNavigator
devc-sermx1 -u4 -F -b115200 -c66500000 0x43fb4000,47 &
Gauges.ino.elf &
gps -MIsC2 -b115200 &
Repeater.ino.elf &
igo_starter &
navi_2_hmi_connector &

NO-ONE GET EXCITED THOUGH!!! The USB turns off when these screens go to sleep and I have no idea what will happen in 10 minutes when that happens. This is just a test. Good fun though for $13.85
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: