View Single Post
Old 19-07-2016, 12:05 AM   #1
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default difference between Fairlane and TL50 grilles

Hi guys, no time no post.
Anyhow I recently bought myself a new old stock TL50 grille surround for my S1 Lane and I have noticed some differences with the mounting method.
The Lane/LTD grille mounts are the same with the upper mounts on the radiator support and headlight brackets and the 2 lower tangs slotted into the lower slot in the headlight bracket.
The TL50 grille surround upper mounts are direct into the radiator support and it seems I have to drill 2 new holes for the outer mounts instead of the scrivet into the headlight bracket.
The TL50 grille surround has no lower tangs, how is this secured?

Would appreciate any advice or detailed pics, especially on an original TL grille.

Thanks in advance, Andrew.

PS, if you want a TL grille surround, they are on eBay at the moment, new old stock.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote