View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #54
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

I really cant believe Im goin to admit to this but anyhow....
Being an apprentice I fitted a new powersteering pump to the XR8.
Had the wheels jacked up off the ground started the car and proceeded to turn the wheel both ways to bleed the system. After afew mins I noticed that that bloody whiiring noise wouldnt go away so i looked at the God Book.It stated that in some circumstances it may need a vacuum pump and adaptor to rid the system of all the trapped air.
So i tried a whole bunch of things then thought if i used my mouth , with my lips to the inner part of the neck, Hey i could get a decent vacuum happ'n.
I proceeded to get a good vac happening and gave the thumbs up to my bro to "Crank" the starter.
Well $h1t me the thing started and swiftly tried to suck my face into the 2 1/2 - 3 inch neck. With my arms flapping and eyes WIDE open i managed to get my face off it. Only to have Blackish Red lips for about a week and ahalf in the perfect shape of a circle.... :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote