Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #23
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So a few weeks back my mate dragged out his ⅕th rc car. His story was he bought it off a work colleague 12 years ago, was told it was modified but not how, ran it once and it stopped working. So the stopped working bit was pretty straight forward. My mate had a nitro ¹/10th and assumed so put 25% nitro fuel in it. Turns out its a 2 stroke. So as the fuel cap says, a tank of 1:50 premix the thing was running.
Heres my question. So its a hpi baja 5b.
Its been modified so the stock 26cc engine has a larger cylinder and piston so its 30.5cc. It has a nitrous kit on it. So the googles say they're functional, ebay sells the kits. So my mates bottles are empty. Does anybody know how these work and how or where to get either refills or replacement nitrous bottles. Theyre only small. The internet says, and it sounds a bit sus, that the cartridges for whipped cream makers are n2o and work.
This is mainly out of good sportsmanship. My mate and i have a bet on. Simple drag race on the local cricket feild. So id like to give him the best chance to lose by not as much. Internet also says the nitrous runs out in not too many seconds....
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote