View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #8
AUFanboy

Default Re: Clogged fuel pressure regulator (with pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
I recently had the same trouble and did pretty much what you had to fix it. I removed the Fuel rail and cleaned it our thoroughly with thinners and later some wonderful Stove cleaner then some more thinners. I changed the Fuel filter as well, seems to have fixed the problem.
Good idea to pull the fuel rail and clean. I'm hoping that most of the bits that were gonna flake off had already flaked off and found their way to the regulator... don't understand why they are rusting internally though, must just be made of crappy steel. Did much more crud come out with the thinners?

@auIILTD: yep the fuel trims are back in line. At idle I'm now getting LTFT around -2% and STFT bouncing from -3 to 3 or so in closed loop mode. Before cleaning i was getting LTFT pegged at -19.9% on idle and STFT around -10%. It then gradually crept back to around -15% (combined) after an hour or so of driving - I think this happened because the fuel was gradually warming up and passing through the plugged reg more easily.
AUFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote