View Single Post
Old 24-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Clogged fuel pressure regulator (with pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME View Post
E10 is not corrosive at all.
Your right! i just had a look, e10 runs a corrosion inhibitor so by itself it wont corrode parts in your fuel system but e10 is hydroscopic (attracts water). So does that mean the inhibitor stops the e10 from being hydroscopic? I dont know.

http://www.todaytonightadelaide.com....es/petrol-test -

"Dr Tim White from the University of NSW says, although it's the cheapest fuel on offer, e10 still poses potential problems for Australian motorists.

The problem with e10 isn't so much actually burning the alcohol in the engine. It is that the alcohol is hydroscopic; that it can actually absorb water from the atmosphere when it's in an open tank - particularly in the ground tank at the petrol station.

Water still can get into the fuel system and you may still have these problems of blocked filters and rough running. Even in a brand new car."

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: