View Single Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #24
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Got the car back from service yesterday. Clean bill of health except for the coolant which required flushing and replacing. Car runs smoother now.

I'd normally agree with you Dave about not taking a car to a dealership, but I purchased an Extended Warranty for the car, and it required that Ford service the car. It more than paid for itself too after I went through two door actuators (worth $600 a piece), plus all the other electrical dramas etc. Paying $1000 for that warranty was worth it.

The other reason for going to Sinclair Ford for me is family loyalty as Dad's GT-P and Mum's Focus are also serviced there, and whilst they may be a Ford genuine ripoff, we know the people there.

Unfortunately when it comes to other tradesmen who do services, they're not much help when it comes to Cougars.

- - - - - -

Cougarfest? Well, we have quite a few NSW members now, so maybe it deserves a new thread and enough people to get enthusiastic about doing something and I think we could start with the NSW members getting together, introducing ourselves to those we haven't met and just drool over each others cars as I've only seen Mark's and Dave's up close (oh, and George's down in VIC!)

The hard part as always is finding a time when everyone's available, but my weekends are usually flexible to a point.

Dan