View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 04:05 PM   #12
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Purfit Car Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Been meaning to get back into this thread to provide a review of the cover for ages. A cold, wet, windy morning outside is a prefect opportunity.

I ordered my cover right at the start of the year. Pleasantly, it arrived on my birthday, half way through February. Could not have planned it better if I'd tried . So, if you order one of these, be prepared to wait around 6 to 7 weeks to get your hands on it.

Purfit XR8 indoor cover review:

The cover arrived packaged with a storage bag made out of the same material as the cover, some tie down cord and some antennae grommets, even though this cover comes with an antenna sock.

The material seems to be of good standard, with a flocked pile on the reverse side. The material is reasonably thick, with the entire cover being noticeably heavier than the generic plastic like covers I've used in the past.

The cover itself is very fitted, with elasticised edging at both the front and the rear.

The cover sits much lower on the car than the generic covers I've used in the past, sitting low enough to fit well under the exhaust tips at the back.

As highlighted earlier, the cover has an antenna sock and wing mirror pockets.

I love the colour and think I like the blue better than I would the black: it's a bit more 'fordish'. I also love the Xr8 logo; it really stands out on the cover.

Not having had a style of cover like this before, it's a bit hard to say how it compares to other brands, but I'm pretty happy with it. With regard to the earlier discussion about damage from the cover, it's worth noting this cover is designed to be used indoors and would not be subject to wind and inclement weather. As has been noted, both the car and cover need to be clean to reduce the risk of any damage. Even not using a cover and cleaning the car instead has a risk associated with it, so it's up to the user to choose what suits them best.

Happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.
Thanks for the feedback, I think this will be where I go in the future. CoverCraft have basically priced themselves out of the market now.

In terms of care, I wash with microfiber detergent at a laundromat or in a reasonably large home washing machine. DO NOT USE POWDER DETERGENT!

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: