Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
oversteer
Starter Motor

Default Clutch vibration.. Focus TDCi

Hey People,

I have a noticed a small amount of vibration beginning to feedback through the clutch pedal at full depression (the final inch of travel).

Whilst not seeming terminal, it's certainly enough to be irratating and send a slight tickle through my left foot.

The car is 2008 Focus TDCi with 13000kms and a devout clutch sympathist as a driver.

I have run through the standard checks with no success. Everything else seems to be functioning as normal, with no detriment to gear shitfting.

Anyone else had this issue? Thoughts appreciated.

oversteer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

I remember feeling a circular vibration when I had around the same kms on my car.. it now has 20k on the clock and I dont feel it anymore.. it might of been fixed when I had it serviced @ 15k, didnt really take notice.
Your 15000km service is coming up, get them to take a look
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
oversteer
Starter Motor

Loris, I put about 200kms on the car today with no ill effects. Consistently feel the vibrations when the clutch pedal is just off the floor. If I change gear with a smaller depression of the pedal, it's fine.

I think i'll ride out my little frustration until the next service, at the rate i'm piling on the kays that should be this week or next!

Thanks for the response, will post my results, if any....
oversteer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

yer i remember i only ever felt it when at lights, stopped in first gear.. so clutch is all the way in.. i never felt it when changing up or down from there as I dont push the clutch in all the way
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
wizamc

Yeah, I've clocked 160,000 now and I have pretty much always had it (well I can't remember 3 years ago now). As with Loris, it only happens for me when at lights and the clutch is fully depressed.

It certainly hasn't caused me any problems
wizamc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
flsiasat
Starter Motor

I have the same problem too. Is it still apparent for you, oversteer?
flsiasat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Well since it's there with every car, it's definitely not a problem. If you notice the engine actually sounds a bit different with the clutch depressed, it's a solid, heavy engine so it's going to vibrate a bit
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
flsiasat
Starter Motor

Ford replaced my pressure plate due to the pedal vibration (@ 9000kms). The pedal vibration also caused an annoying clicking noise that comes up when the pedal is fully depressed. Apparently, there was a slight play in the pressure plate fingers causing it to misalign. After replacing the pressure plate, it all went back to normal. Now, the vibration and clicking is back (@42000 kms)
flsiasat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post