Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #1
ford2dmax
blue oval

Cool cd stacker

i have a stock au11 fairmont with a 6 stacker in it it will not play any cds at all thinks for a while then spits them back out burnt and new cd does any one now were or how i can fix this problem as ford want over $900 for a recond one......

ford2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #2
mattsAU1

if possible, pull the outer casing off the stacker and find the lense that reads the cd's and get a cotton bud dipped in metho and give it a clean, otherwise try Sanity or the likes and get a lense cleaning disc and run that through. Costs about 10 bucks for a lense cleaner if your not confident in pulling the stacker apart
mattsAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Cleaning the lense is worth a try, but I don't think you can use the cleaning disk in stackers. I've got one of those disks and it warns not to use in stackers, single disk players only. The disks have little bristles on them and I think they can jamn the stacker mechanism.

The lense is easy to get to, remove the head unit, remove the top cover and you will see the lense.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
ford2dmax
blue oval

thanks guys i will give it a go
Old 19-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
ford2dmax
blue oval

thanks for your help it worked now i have a work cd player again but nearly broke it gitting it out tight little sucker