Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Daniel Morcombe breakthrough??

Quote:
Queensland Police are believed to have made a major breakthrough in their investigation into missing Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe.

The 13-year-old disappeared while waiting for a bus at Woombye in December 2003.

A coronial inquest into his suspected abduction and murder was held earlier this year.

Police were due to make an announcement about the development after 7:00pm AEST.
According to the news he is a 42yr old father of 3 from WA who is a convicted pedophile... lets hope that he is the right suspect and hopefully (big hopefully!) justice will preveil.

Cant imagine how the parents are coping with all this after 8yrs...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Default Re: Daniel Morcombe breakthrough??

yeah.. i hope that they have found the right suspect and can finally close the case.
it has been obviously traumatic for the familly but i think it also put every parent with young kids on edge. i was living on the sunny coast at the time and it completly changed the way a lot of famillies lived their lives. children were not aloud to go outside or out of parents sight etc.

i would hate to be the guy when he gets to prison.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Media report just announced the charges that have been laid...from the commissioners speech; they've got the right bloke. Personally, I hope the justice system doesn't let this family down, and he is punished to the full extent of the law.

Hopefully this will allow the family to finally get some closure (and hopefully some justice) for themselves and their son.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am glad they finally have their suspect and charges have been laid. I can't imagine the grief Daniel's parents have had to endure not knowing what happened to Daniel.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Police said they have an area of bushland to search too...
8yrs of waiting.

Old 13-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid

i would hate to be the guy when he gets to prison.
Why, they keep them in a special section away from the general population to protect them.

They should be left in Gen Pop and cop what they deserve. Its pathetic how weak todays justice system has become.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Innocent until proven guilty and all that...

But, if guilty then yes I would volunteer to give the injection. But let's not go off half cocked.

I can't believe after all these years this has come through, unbelieveable, I truly hope and if I was a god botherer would pray that the coppers have it right, and that it will be a clean and easy trial.

I can't imagine how the family is feeling, and everyone's thoughts and wishes should be pushed in that direction.

Anyone that can hurt such a beautiful, precious, and INNOCENT young child is obviously totally demented and not normal in any sense of the word, as in mentally ill, but that is no excuse, I would feel PITY for the perpetrator, big time, as they are obviously totally effedup, but in the same thought bubble would also pull the switch without thinking twice about it and thank my lucky stars that he/she couldn't do it again.

But none of us matter, only his mother and father and family matter and our opinions are worth zero. Can't imagine being them, and thankful right now for not being in their position.

Last edited by mcnews; 13-08-2011 at 10:30 PM.
mcnews is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Why, they keep them in a special section away from the general population to protect them.

They should be left in Gen Pop and cop what they deserve. Its pathetic how weak todays justice system has become.
No special section will protect this bloke if guilty.
Old 13-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:

The grub Barrie Watts needs a colostomy bag to function, should give you an idea of what happens to these parasites... in the big house vengeance doesn't wait for the lord.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Quote:

no first hand experiance but from what i have been told by people who have worked in "the big house" things happen behind closed doors that nobody sees . and i never said he wouldn`t deserve it either.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #11
mcnews
Trev

Some perspective, we're taking about a human being. Not a reflection on previous posts, just readers minds.

Last edited by mcnews; 13-08-2011 at 11:21 PM.
mcnews is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I can only imagine the hell his parents have been through...8yrs waiting and wanting their son to return. At least now, they know what has happened and that they don't have to wait anymore in hope.

Sobering thought yes...but at least they know now and hopefully will find some peace for themselves and they can lay their beautiful boy to rest in peace.

That being said, I hope they throw the book at the guy that did it!
Old 13-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #13
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I can only imagine
Can't begin to really, can't even remotely try to put my head in that remotely farked up place. NFI really sums up my perspective.
Old 14-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
ZH For Me
Suckin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Can't begin to really, can't even remotely try to put my head in that remotely farked up place. NFI really sums up my perspective.
Hit it right on the head there my friend, I think. Its neigh impossible for any of us who haven't experienced such a tragedy to get a true grasp on what kind of hell his family must have gone through over the last 8 years.

You are right in saying, also, [to quote] "Anyone that can hurt such a beautiful, precious, and INNOCENT young child is obviously totally demented and not normal in any sense of the word, as in mentally ill, but that is no excuse" [end quote]... However (assuming that the police have the right man, of course), I feel NO pity for him, as far as I'm concerned, there is no punishment strong enough to right the wrongs he has committed.

Its very sad that Daniel's family has had to wait so long for this news, that would obviously shatter their hearts. Although they now know, I can only assume it offers no comfort whatsoever. My heart goes out to Daniel's family.

And to the man responsible for this, I have one thing to say - I'll be seeing you in hell...
ZH For Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #15
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The outcome is tragic but I hope his poor parents can get some closure, having some idea of what happened will hopefully answer the questions that they've agonised over since Daniel went missing. That's about the only good thing to come out of the whole situation, that it has finally come to a close. The trial is going to be an absolute circus.
Old 14-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #16
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

X2 for what most of you have said.

I hope they do recover the remains of the poor little man so they can give their child a descent resting place.

Can't wait to see the news bulletins on Monday to see what progress has been made.
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #17
fmc351
let it burn

From what Ive heard this guy isnt new as a suspect, he was identified in a previous hearing but nothing concrete could be established. I think the police have been very patient dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's despite many in the public thinking there was no movement. Good on em, a job well done I think. But if I recall correctly, there is still one person who was thought to be there on the day. I seem to recall there being two persons police were hunting.

Hopefully this ends the tragedy for the family and Daniel can rest in peace and the family move on with their lives. It was scary for locals, we wouldnt let our son go anywhere on his own, watched him like a hawk and still do, he is only now 16. But part of that had to do with two women who also disappeared in the area and as yet no news AFAIK on at least one of them. One was a teenager who as it turned out was killed by the father in a family she baby sat for. A lot of people thought they were all connected for some time.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #18
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

He was a person of interest who actually gave evidence at the inquest IIRC, and from what I've read - it seems he recanted his earlier evidence under oath. P7 was how they referred to him.

Police diligence seems to have paid off, hopefully the trial won't be any more taxing on the family than the last eight years have...

I just hope eventually they can get to the bottom of the other 35000 or so people who've gone missing each year since that point in time...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 03:05 AM   #19
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1 Hoping they have the right person and is found guilty.
+1 Hoping he rots in hell.
+1 They find Daniels remains to put to rest.
+1 His parents are able to get on with their lives.
+1 Thank the police for their persistence, too often they aren't thanked.
Old 14-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #20
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

QUOTE=Bossxr8]Why, they keep them in a special section away from the general population to protect them.

They should be left in Gen Pop and cop what they deserve. Its pathetic how weak todays justice system has become.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
No special section will protect this bloke if guilty.
On remand or found guilty, he will be protected.
Not one of these individuals has been 'dealt with' in Queensland prisons since the late 80's.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #21
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just thinking out loud here but if he is the right bloke, why haven't they charged him with the murder? or are they waiting to find the body and some more concrete evidence for further charges?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
Flaming Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Just thinking out loud here but if he is the right bloke, why haven't they charged him with the murder? or are they waiting to find the body and some more concrete evidence for further charges?
Press reports and the Commissioners press conference suggest he has been charged with the murder along a few other accompanying charges.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...813-1iryp.html
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #23
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Mo
Press reports and the Commissioners press conference suggest he has been charged with the murder along a few other accompanying charges.

No he is under arrest pending charges in front of a magistrate today (Sunday)

Quote:
Tomorrow, a 41-year-old man, who lives in Perth, will face Brisbane Magistrates Court, charged with murdering the Queensland teenager. He has also been charged with deprivation of liberty, child stealing and interfering with a corpse

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz1Ux1mSmF6
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #24
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

As a human being and ofcourse a parent, it is just horrible to hear the type of charges that are a put against this evil fella.
Poor Daniel's parents will finally have the answer's they have been waiting for so they can have closure. But at the same time they will know how their little boy's death came about in detail :( and by the look of those charges i wouldn't want to know
Old 14-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #25
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Mo

Cheers, the article i read didn't mention a murder charge when i read it yesterday..only deprivation of liberty, child stealing, indecent treatment of a child under 16 and interfering with a corpse.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #26
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Thanks to the good and persistent work of Queensland police, it sounds like the suspect changed his story
and once someone with a criminal history does that, the lies fall apart and the police finally get at the truth.

My only hope is that this brings closure to Daniel's parents and that this criminal is removed from the community.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #27
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Cheers, the article i read didn't mention a murder charge when i read it yesterday..only deprivation of liberty, child stealing, indecent treatment of a child under 16 and interfering with a corpse.

It was mentioned live on TV by the deputy Police commissioner last night that he would be charged with murder. They also said the hearing was Monday not today (sunday).

During the inquest this person had given evidence and had admitted to driving past the spot where Daniel went missing. His car at the time also matched the description of a car which was stopped near Daniel. He had an alibi who then changed their story, so the alibi fell apart.

All this was given out by the media prior to the live media conference (no other info will appear now because the charges became official so the media or anyone else cant give out anything which can prejudce the case).

One interviewer last night really put his foot into when interviewing Daniels father live when he said something like " You know who this "bugger" is as you listened to him at the inquest".

Journos really need to be careful what they say and how they say it... that innocent "bugger" comment can be used by the defence....

Old 14-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
fatcorty
Banned

If anyone ever touches my kids they won't make it through the first day of the trial.
fatcorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #29
bingoTE50
Steve

A father of three , I would say there are at least three other victims of this guy right there !! Unbelievable ...
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #30
tippy
Custom Coupes Be-arch

Im so happy they have found this scumbag , I have to agree with Fatcorty - i have one son and if he was taken like this - there would be a shoot out at the court house .

TiP.

Tiprat Performance Custom Coupes
tippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post