Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Stolen Laptop - Coupe Rebuild History Gone

Hi guys, I'm not a happy camper! On Tuesday this week, my house was broken into, and alot of my electrical gear including my laptop were stolen. I always backed up to an external drive but that went too. I'm in the process of rebuilding an XB coupe, and every photo I had of it are now gone. So my plans for starting a project rebuild thread are now stuffed, without photo's it's a bit hard huh.

Anyway, on the off chance (highly bloody unlikely) that any of you know someone who has come by a Toshiba Satelite A10 laptop, and it just happens to have a stack of coupe pictures on it, please PM me. I don't care about the laptop, it's just the irreplaceable memories on it that I want back. Even the return of the external drive would do, but I reckon I've got more chance of finding a GTHO parked in my driveway!

Cheers guys

Uncle Raggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #2
BlackLS

Gday,

What suburb was this stolen from? Is there any areas close-by that you think were responsible? Keep and eye on Cash Converters, Pawn shops or ebay.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm in North Rocks NSW. Apparently I'm in a good area, it's just that I'm on the main road which links up to the Cumberland Hwy at one end and Pennanty Hills Rd at the other. So I'm a good target for thieves apparently as they have access to main arterial roads that go both north and south. I've scouted the local pawn shops but no success. I've learnt my lesson I guesss - NEVER leave an external back up near the computer, ALWAYS hide it elsewhere.
Old 13-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
BlackLS

Blacktown isn't to far away, I'd check out there at a few places. What kind of other things they take?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A bit of jewellery, some other odds and ends but not alot really. I'd say it was a real quick in and out job. Going to try Blacktown, Wentworthville and ring around a few further out ones to see. Don't like my chance though.
Old 13-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #6
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you checked with your ISP to see wether the laptop has been used through your ISP account??
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
Have you checked with your ISP to see wether the laptop has been used through your ISP account??
I actually suspended the account as soon as I found the laptop missing. No one had used it in that time.
Old 13-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
jack_crowley

check out the computer market on Sunday at Muirfield school, they have quite a few laptops there that are secondhand, could find your laptop there. Also check out the trading post and ebay (look for the same user with both your external drive, laptop and maybe other electrical gear of yours).
If you've used your credit card with your laptop on the net then cancel the card immediately, you can get that info from your hard disk.

Good luck to you mate, hate to see this happen, bloody thieves.
jack_crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

mate, check out the computer markets at the westfield on sunday... (that is unless it moved to muirfield, as the bloke above mentioned- havnt been there in a year?)

you may find someone trying to sell your gear to one of the stalls there...
Old 16-10-2006, 06:20 AM   #10
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
mate, check out the computer markets at the westfield on sunday... (that is unless it moved to muirfield, as the bloke above mentioned- havnt been there in a year?)

you may find someone trying to sell your gear to one of the stalls there...
yep, it has moved to Muirfield. Westfields looks like a bit of a ghost town on Sunday's now without the computer market, but shopping sure is a hell of a lot easier!
Old 16-10-2006, 06:19 AM   #11
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_crowley
check out the computer market on Sunday at Muirfield school, they have quite a few laptops there that are secondhand, could find your laptop there. Also check out the trading post and ebay (look for the same user with both your external drive, laptop and maybe other electrical gear of yours).
If you've used your credit card with your laptop on the net then cancel the card immediately, you can get that info from your hard disk.

Good luck to you mate, hate to see this happen, bloody thieves.
Cheers, ebay and trading post so far are drawing a blank. And have cancelled cards too, thanks for the tip!