Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
NZ
~~~

Default What do people do to get on your nerves?

This is my rant for the month.

I run a dairyfarm and being self employed I am responsible for paying for releif staff I need from time to time. I have an old couple that come in to do relief milking. Its a 1 person job but they both come to do it anyway. Theyre well aware of the fact its one person too. They are mid 60's and are both on the pension. P pay them cash and so do the several other farmers in the area that use them. The do on average 4 - 5 days worth of milking per week which for a releif milker is a fairly tidy earner considering what they get for the work they do is pretty decent (around the $30 per hour mark give or take). The other farmers that get them also pay cash as they wont accept cheques or money deposits as to protect their pensions. I'm ok with that. What I'm not ok with is that they have started dropping hints lately about getting more money for the same work. Things like ' Oh such and such pays us this', ' 'Such and such pays to have both of us there' , ' God theres such a huge demand for relief milkers at the moment' Eluding to the fact they can pretty much demand the money they want, which a lot of other people do. They have never asked directly for more money till the other day. I asked them if they could work for 3 days being march 11 - 13. The guy said yeah that should be ok then he dropped this - ' but i'm gunna want more for the 13th since its a public holiday.' I asked how much more. He wants double for that day. I think it really stinks and its gotten my back up about it. They have a pretty easy job here, I have things set up to run pretty well. They get other benifits also, they come and get as much firewood as the want from the farm, last year they took around 10 ute and tandem trailer loads. I allow them to take milk which isnt really much value to me maybe 60c for a few litres but its the principle of it. They cost the farm a fair bit of money last year. I had them here for 3 weeks while I took time off during the quiet period. Antibiotic milk was put into the vat and luckily they had enough guts to tell me. I had the milk tested and it had to be dumped. The part that made it worse was we were on skip a day pickup and it was the 4th milking that the stuff up occured so 2 whole days of milk was dumped at a cost of around $4500. I personally lost a no grade bonus which was $500. I also missed out on a factory 100% premium milk award due to slackness on the plant wash by them.

So yeah I think I am quite rightly annoyed that the hand has shot out for more money just because a day has a special name.

Anyway my rant for this month. anyone else want to have a go now?? lol

NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Simmo
White Lightning

theres gotta be someone else mate. they sound like they're out to get all thats coming to them and half of whats not. i'm sure you can find another person to milk the cows mate. ИИИИ the old farts off.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I agree with Simmo. There's other people that will do the work, they aren't doing you a favour, you're doing them a favour by employing them.

A good one for me, not my cam problem, but when I'm told I'm wrong by someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Case in point, with our sheds, we mitre C sections to make up portal frames. I was told by our bloke up in Townsville that the mitres the company has supplied him for god knows how long was wrong. I had a 30 minute argument with him explaining in fine detail how it was to be mitred. He was still telling me I was wrong. I hung up on him, my patience was wearing thin.

What was a real kick in the guts for me was about a half hour later when I got an e-mail from him saying I was right...
Old 01-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Dob em in! You know you wanna.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I reckon dob em in. Pensioner earing a bit of money, cash in hand :
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #6
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken

Heh Heh! Bloody coffin dodgers think that everyone owes them the world- phone the local pension office and tell them that its outrageous that your balls are getting sqeezed because the govt is too mean!!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
I'd say "Take what I pay otherwise I will report you for work whilst on pension"

Also try and speak to the other employees and find out if they are paying more.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
parawolf
beep beep

If they want more money ask to put them on as a casual employee, and ask for their Tax File Number so you know where to direct the Tax to on your books. Otherwise start witholding 49.5% or whatever it is as they are not suppling TFN's.

Personally tell them to go jump. As they aren't even casual or contract employees in the eyes on the law, they have no rights, they have no workers comp, no workcover, nothing.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, give em the flick and look elsewhere. What they are doing isnt strictly legal anyhows, when there could be someone without work doing it
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #10
BlackLS

Get rid of them.

Where are you located? I'm sure a few forumites will be very grateful with what you'll give...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #11
bprint xr8
more posting less lurking

Yes if they want award type conditions (ie double time) tell them that they have to be on the books. Also remind them that you are taking a fair risk by paying them cash and not being on the books due to possible workcover issues, and the fact that you probably cant claim a tax deduction for what is a legitimate business input.

I have been down this road before, all relief milkers are now on the books.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
bprint xr8
more posting less lurking

Also remind them that award rate is approximately $13.00 - $14.00 per hour (going by memory dont have the exact figures in front of me).
Old 01-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #13
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

for around $30 an hour, you will find alot of people who would be willing to do that sort of work.
Confront them and say you either stay as you are or if you want an increase you go on the books. If they leave then advertise for new milkies, im sure you will get some interest.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #14
gozza

id milk cows for that money...be more than happy too

things that get on my nerves are stupid employees too
ones that can't follow simple instructions and end up wasting my day on stupid questions that youve already answered 50 times

employees that think they have the right to help themselves to stationary

employees that put 10 mins extra on a pay form and leave 10 mins early...

customers that think there the only people in the world

and socially minded busybody do gooders
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Karl I know of a few ppl that do relief Milking
if you want to maybe start looking around first before you give these people the flick i will ask them if they are willing for more work and then give you there numbers .
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #16
rodderz

They are currently in there "comfort zone".... There are some people who are ina job and after a while, even if they are on a good wicket, get that used to it that things they wouldnt usually get in other jobs seem "normal" and they want more.

Taking people for granted is very common, and from time to time bosses or supervisers have to give them a reality check, a friendly (or not friendly depending on situation) kick up the bum from time to time works wonders and makes thgem realise how good they actually have it. I've been on both sides so I'm speaking from experience!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #17
honer
Back to N/A land

I hate it when people blow their noses loudly in public.

honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #18
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate people that turn right from the middle of the lane, so people turning left cant get threw!!!!!!
Oh' and sack the geezers!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #19
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I hate it when staff members at work feel the need to have 1000 ten minute smoke breaks in one day, and then have the hide to crack the ИИИИs if their break is interrupted buy anyone for any reason.

And if I were you NZ, I would dob em in....but apparently im an ********.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #20
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I hate it when staff members at work feel the need to have 1000 ten minute smoke breaks in one day, and then have the hide to crack the ИИИИs if their break is interrupted buy anyone for any reason.
I hate this. Work this out. Say you have a smoke at lunch (fine your time no worries). However say you also duck out at say 10am and 3pm for a smoke, 10min each.

2 smokes a day at 10min each adds up to 2.13WEEKS off a year. People want to go out for a smoke a few times a day...fine no worries. however if you wish to do so you sacrafice 1/2 of your anual leave...ok?

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #21
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres ALOT of people who would do that job very happily. Sack them. Hire someone young, they can get the work done quicker.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #22
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

being asked by sales department (catering) for menus at 5.55pm on a friday, when they god damn well leave at 6pm.... not back till monday... twats....
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #23
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Most peoples mere existance gets on my nerves.

I HATE customers. Don't ask me where things are, open your eyes and have a god damn look for yourself!!!

them: Where's the bread? me: In the Bakery.
them: Where's the cheese/yoghurt/milk? me: In the Dairy aisle

Both of which you have to walk past when you walk into the store!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:01 AM   #24
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Most peoples mere existance gets on my nerves.
I can relate to that right at this moment.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #25
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Rudeness in any shape or form in any situation, a few examples :

1) While walking on the footpath in the city, you get these self-absorbed types, generally talking in urgent tones on their mobile, who simply don't give a ИИИИ about common courtesy or "pedestrian flow", and who will purposefully stride towards you and expect you to get out of their way. I gave up moving aside for them a long time ago and it is quite entertaining watching the desperate last minute dodge from them as they encounter 6'2" @ 115kg @ 5-8kph.
2) Self-absorbed sales staff or hospitality industry monkeys - If I am occasioning in an establishment, and paying money for this privilege, then I expect to get a level of service and certainly no attitude. Sadly some people in these industries feel that it's all just a bit of a nuisance having to actually DEAL with a customer/patron. Waiters and bar staff are generally the worst mannered people on the planet, and can be found mainly in capital cities in bars/clubs/restaurants with foreign names and expensive decor. It is even more enjoyable when their manager is just as rude and arrogant.
3) Public transport - ah, this is truly a nest for bad manners. A place where rowdy (and cranially deficient) schoolgirls can't be reprimanded lest you get arrested for any number of serious crimes, a place where ******** looser teenagers from the western or south-western suburbs can trawl the carriages in packs looking for trouble or just vandalising casually, a place where those who really should have a seat (pregnant mothers, the elderly, disabled etc) are ignored while those of able body sit and pretend the others are not there (but this doesn't happen on MY watch mind you!), and then there's the manners of the "Grey Gestapo" who I won't even begin with.

Common sense and decency aren't around a whole lot in the CBD and I've made it a bit of a hobby to tell exactly what I think about it all to the people who need to hear it.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #26
Yummy Mummy

Tell them you'll pay them double time, ask for their TFN and tell them you'll pay them by cheque from now on.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #27
red_hotxr6
Banned

I am a real quick learner, for $25.00 an hour ill do it.They dont know when they have got it good, silly people biting the hand that feeds them. :voldar02:
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #28
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I hate people watching me work, especially when we're busy........aswell as getting asked to do something so they can sit back and bludge......
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #29
b2tf
not here much anymore

I hate it when they hit me in their crapbox XF utes.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #30
efgiar
rofl copter

ill milk em! teach me for 30 bucks an hour ИИИИin oath mate! lol

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post