Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Football - Australia V Netherlands

Match is tommorow, appears that the majority of the 1st team players will play after the B team played last night (our time) and won 8-1. Also, Kewell played 85mins scored 2 and set-up 2, was apparently very impressive considering.

Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man oh man I cannot wait. This is just the build up to a great world cup campaign.
Just a tip, if you open a new account with centrebet, and bet 100 bucks on the world cup, you get a free nike world cup genuine shirt worth $129. show ya colours and support our boys, taking on the world in the only real WORLD cup, not just a bunch of commonwealth nations

enjoy

David
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
AUCLSC
Starter Motor

Go Socceroos!
AUCLSC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUCLSC
Go Socceroos!
You mean footballroos? :

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
You mean footballroos? :

FF
The FFA made the decision to stick with Socceroos, so its stuck for good.

Gonna love the World Cup, only as I have 3 teams to support. With Italian blood, and English blood, Ive got a good chance of a winner, and Australia is just a bonus!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #6
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Ole Ole Ole Ole , Ole Ole Ole Ole

'LIVERPOOL !' , I Mean , 'SOCCEROOS'

Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 PM   #7
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

C'mon Aussie C'mon C'mon
Old 04-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #8
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Monday morning's game will be a Real tester.....lets hope they come out of it with a solid performance !
To right the only Real world cup and finally we have at least made it into the Real arena even if we don't get past the first week, will be a great learning curve.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 03:29 AM   #9
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should be a real test for the Aussie defence.

Come on Aussies

(And Italy too)
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #10
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
Match is tommorow, appears that the majority of the 1st team players will play after the B team played last night (our time) and won 8-1. Also, Kewell played 85mins scored 2 and set-up 2, was apparently very impressive considering.
I hope Australia do win a couple of matches as that is possibly the best I reckon they can do. We played a B grade team and thrashed them. That is not really a victory because they didn't play a team who is upto worl class.

But Australia still isn't upto world class yet. Brazil, Croatia and Japan are so talented, that Australia will struggle to win.

They only beat Greece by one goal. There should have been at least another two in there. I also hope Harry Kewel gets on to play for a while. He has had lately a tendency of playing for 20 minutes and then going off and not returning for the rest of the match.

Good Luck to Australia.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #11
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBII Fairmont
I hope Australia do win a couple of matches as that is possibly the best I reckon they can do. We played a B grade team and thrashed them. That is not really a victory because they didn't play a team who is upto worl class.

But Australia still isn't upto world class yet. Brazil, Croatia and Japan are so talented, that Australia will struggle to win.

They only beat Greece by one goal. There should have been at least another two in there. I also hope Harry Kewel gets on to play for a while. He has had lately a tendency of playing for 20 minutes and then going off and not returning for the rest of the match.

Good Luck to Australia.
Hiddink appears to be confident of a good result against Japan and I saw that Croatia got done 1-0 by Poland. I dont know if they had they're best players in or not.

Dont forget Australia did beat Uruguay, and they are no slouches.

Australia are an unknown quantity and hopefully being underestimated could turn into a few good results. 2 wins will most like be needed though because holding Brazil will be impossible. I dont think they will get past the first round but there is a slight hope.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:15 AM   #12
HTCURRY

Quote:
I also hope Harry Kewel gets on to play for a while. He has had lately a tendency of playing for 20 minutes and then going off and not returning for the rest of the match.

Good Luck to Australia.

Socceroos got a lucky 1-1 draw. Team was rubbish in the 1st half, much better in the 2nd half, despite getting a man sent off. But neither Croatia nor Japan will be anywhere as Good as the Dutch, so all in all not a bad result.

AND

EBII maybe you arent quite sure about the rules, but in soccer unlike League, AFL once you are substituted, you cannot come back on.

Finally about Kewell, he has a chronic groin problem, hence the limited playing time for Australia.
HTCURRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #13
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCURRY
Socceroos got a lucky 1-1 draw. Team was rubbish in the 1st half, much better in the 2nd half, despite getting a man sent off. But neither Croatia nor Japan will be anywhere as Good as the Dutch, so all in all not a bad result.

AND

EBII maybe you arent quite sure about the rules, but in soccer unlike League, AFL once you are substituted, you cannot come back on.

Finally about Kewell, he has a chronic groin problem, hence the limited playing time for Australia.
I know the rules well enough. If my folks had some money I woulda being playing with the pros.

But for a while now, even before these problems, he never played much. He would be on for like 20 minutes. It ****es me off because he is one of those players i enjoy to watch.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #14
HTCURRY

Quote:
I know the rules well enough. If my folks had some money I woulda being playing with the pros.

But for a while now, even before these problems, he never played much. He would be on for like 20 minutes. It ****es me off because he is one of those players i enjoy to watch.
hehe...sorry if i came across as a "know it all", I know there are a lot of people new to the game, and thought maybe you were one of them.

But your right, a kewell on form, is awesome to watch
HTCURRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #15
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCURRY
hehe...sorry if i came across as a "know it all", I know there are a lot of people new to the game, and thought maybe you were one of them.

But your right, a kewell on form, is awesome to watch
It's all good. It's good to know there are others out there that know something about this sport. Not like the usual people who come into work, who reckon Australia are going to blits every team this world cup :.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #16
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Wolrd game,Phfftt.Come on now, everyone knows if its not top 5 in America its not popular world wide LOL.. I hope we do really well in the world cup...
Old 04-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #17
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Chief gets in Lleyton Hewitt's power stance position 1 and yells c'mon with fist facing head like a fool.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #18
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We were absolutely rubbish in the first 3/4 of the 1st half. All the defensive and offensive mistakes whould've had Hiddink pulling his hair out!
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #19
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Rubbish 1st half or not, they hung in there against No3 in the world from memory.....
Was a tough hitout which is what they needed after the soft last 2 games.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #20
MRJUCY
Fordless

They certainly didn't play their best football but it was in no way rubbish, they appeared a touch overawed in the fist 15 minutes or so but settled down nicely & despite being a man down for half an hour drew with the 3rd ranked team in the world in front of a very vocal home crowd, which is a great result.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #21
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

poor football by both teams.. lets be honest with 65% possession against and 1:5 shots on goal we were lucky not too lose by 3 or 4..

Kudos to the goalie though, Mark really cemented his place in the first XI

Play like that in the big show and Gus would be very very happy with a draw..

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #22
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

one bonus for me is that I put my bets on before last night incase we had a good result.. Drawing with the Dutch has dropped the prices on Aust to make it out of the groups by $1.15 :P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #23
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Schwarzer for PM!!!

What a legend, he certainly saved the aussies. Dont forget this is all part of the master plan by Hiddink. Sure it wasnt the pretiest football, but is in preparation for the Brazilian onslaught.If they hold the clogwearers to a 1-1 draw, then hello second round

Plus the draw was lead story on Sunrise this morning. LEAD on the news not just sport news, but the news. Oh how this will change the game in this country

you beuaty.

Also how come I could hear 1,000 aussies singing waltzing matilda last night, yet at the Greece game you heard little more than a fart. Aussie crowds MUST learn to supprt correctly at home. Can no-one sing here??

David
Old 05-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #24
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Australia were very poor early, I think they came back well though. Early in that 2nd half (especially when Cahill was on) they really got into a rythm and looked quite threatening until Wilkshire got send (that was soft). Schwarzer was absolutely outstanding, I dont think I have ever seen a goalie play so well, well and truely MOM.

I think they played solid after the first half-hour and when Cahill and Kewell return full-time, I have every faith that Australia will be able to put up a good fight against their world cup opponents.

I would imagine that Kewell will play some part in the match against Liechenstien(sp?).
Old 05-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #25
anto
Za Dom spremni

the result was good on paper but it the game showed alot of the frailties in the side. Dont be fooled, Japan and Croatia are every bit as good as the Dutch and Brasil are a much more dangerous side.. it will be difficult.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #26
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Difficult, Yes.

Possible. Yes

Able to sleep until it happens. No
Old 05-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #27
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

poor old dukes. He has the spirit of a mad man, but the co-ordination of a burning spastic.

Still one of my favourites though, when he is hot he is hot. Just keep him away from the penalty spot thats all......
Old 06-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #28
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR David

but the co-ordination of a burning spastic.
LMAO

that is the funniest thing i have read in ages. the visuals are just priceless.

i only managed to stay awake for the first half (i was racing all day and was shattered) and wasnt hugely impressed. We need to remember that it was only a friendly and nobody wants to get hurt and both coaches are trying different tactics. That said, we still can hold our heads up high with the result and know we have nothing to lose. Nobody expects us to do well, so there is no pressure. I think we can get through to the knockout phases, and that would be so good for teh game in Oz.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #29
Hawk
I am The Brain!

It was certainly a good sign that we were able to withstand the constant pressure that was applied, but really we only just survived it.

Need to have a much sounder defense to progress through past the group stage.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post