Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Rolf has been found guilty

of 12 charges of sex offences against women and girls - what a scumbag

Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Rolf has been found guilty

It's filthy mongrels like this that make parents have concerns and whisper behind hands to other when I walk into a kindy class to teach....

I would like to remain a member of this site so I'll leave it at that...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 01-07-2014 at 08:10 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
It's filthy mongrels like this that make parents have concerns and whisper behind hands to other when I walk into a kindy class to teach....

I would like to remain a member of this site so I'll leave it at that...
It must suck to look like Rolfe Harris.....

On a serious note - I hope they put him away for the rest of his "it takes two to tango" life......
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Apparently Rolf was voted as one of Australia's 100 most trusted people in a recent poll published by Readers Digest Australia......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 02-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If he did it, fine, lock the scum up.

But does anyone else find it slightly worrying that a man can be locked up so easily forty years later for something over which there is literally no physical or scientific evidence, merely on the claims of someone else over what they allege happened...?
Victims say they wait thirty or forty years for various reasons...but it does make a lot of people kind of doubt all the details and whether some are just jumping on the bandwagon for a bit of publicity...
3 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
If he did it, fine, lock the scum up.

But does anyone else find it slightly worrying that a man can be locked up so easily forty years later for something over which there is literally no physical or scientific evidence, merely on the claims of someone else over what they allege happened...?
Victims say they wait thirty or forty years for various reasons...but it does make a lot of people kind of doubt all the details and whether some are just jumping on the bandwagon for a bit of publicity...
I think it's more the fact that people are now able to communicate instantly around the world & realise that "they aren't the only victim". Before the interweb came into use - you were pretty much on your own...
2 users like this post:
Old 02-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
Focusfan

Talk about scum bags, on the news today after saying that law suits will soon follow there is suddenly a lot more women coming out of the wood
work saying they were also assaulted. HA I think a lot want to get on the band wagon now to get some of his millions without doing the hard yard
court sessions that some went through. get rid of them I say. If they did not have the guts to go to court like the others then too late get lost.
I call them scum bags as well.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #8
zilo
BANNED

A child can be someone who is 17 years 354 days old.

(That's 18 -1 day old)

just saying.....that's all.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

(That's 18 -1 day old)

What are you getting at? One of the kids he molested was as young as seven. There is no grey area here.
7 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

(That's 18 -1 day old)

For a start there are 365 days in a year (366 on a leap year), second the age of consent is 16 and not 18.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #11
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT View Post
For a start there are 365 days in a year (366 on a leap year), second the age of consent is 16 and not 18.
Me thinks you need to learn consent laws (remembering each location will have their own laws to abide by).

On consent: It's only 16 in all states other than Tasmania and SA. It's 17 in those states. Additionally, in victoria 12-15 year olds can have sex as long as their partner is not under 12 and there is no more than 2 years difference.
At 16 you're covered, unless the other person is in a care or supervisory role. This has changed. A few years ago having sex with a 16 year old was fine as long as you weren't over 21, or under 14 (see 12-15 year old ruling).

Let's keep in mind though, Rolf's youngest victim was seven or eight
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 AM   #12
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
Me thinks you need to learn consent laws (remembering each location will have their own laws to abide by).

On consent: It's only 16 in all states other than Tasmania and SA. It's 17 in those states. Additionally, in victoria 12-15 year olds can have sex as long as their partner is not under 12 and there is no more than 2 years difference.
At 16 you're covered, unless the other person is in a care or supervisory role. This has changed. A few years ago having sex with a 16 year old was fine as long as you weren't over 21, or under 14 (see 12-15 year old ruling).

Let's keep in mind though, Rolf's youngest victim was seven or eight
Thanks for that, the offences occurred in the UK where the age of consent is 16.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #13
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Rolf's sentence is now under review as being unduly lenient.

He did not show a nanosecond of remorse, why then should the justice system.

I think this payback from the establishment (subtle payback from from the highest levels). We've all been duped by Rolf, he is being expunged from the history books so to speak, he is likely to rot away in prison.

Many more scumbags on the list, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yewtree and there is RC happening here in Australia. Hopefully our kids wont face these risks and others who suffered will have some closure.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT View Post

Troll much?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #15
XW-BAXR6T

May that scumbag rot in jail...

Nick.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #16
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

If you rewind nearly 2 years ago when news of a prominent Australian entertainer... The mainstream media went into lock down, refused to name Rolf, even though the pre-trial judge did not issue a suppression order. It was social media which named him, I still wonder why the media went silent?

His many awards and orders will be stripped, his family shamed forever.

Being rich, famous, a convicted pedophile and in the big house is not a good combination. He'd be regretting making Jake the Peg !
Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #17
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a mate of mine in England just told me that the Police are investigating more accusations against him, he is an animal
Old 01-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #18
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Throw the wobble-board at him. Bloody rockspiders.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
7 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #19
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Actual subtitles from one of his show...
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #20
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

Actual subtitles from one of his show...
That's so pedo!

Last edited by BradEL; 01-07-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #21
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post
Throw the wobble-board at him. Bloody rockspiders.
Thanks. Very funny.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #22
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Its proof that no matter how rich, famous or how 'posh' you are, you can still be a low life. Makes me sick to that someone in such a position of power abuses it even more so.

Always hear the age old story even some of the worst murderers and killers have a mutual hate for paedophiles and they end up getting what is deserved in jail!

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
Old 01-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #23
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

This brings to me an interesting point. For years I have always liked a (non Rolf) music artist. The other week in chatting with my sister she mentioned he was a an alco and a wife beater. I was stunned as direct opposite of public persona.

Artist I wont name as as the dead can't defend themselves.

Now being an alco almost goes hand in hand with artistry / creativity so thats ok. Wife beating on the other hand....

So I don't feel bad about liking his music in the past but moving forward I don't know what I think or even what should I think?....

Matt
Old 01-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #24
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

If he gets more than a couple of years, (which he blooooody will should), I'll lay odds he tops himself before or just after he goes to jail.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 01-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #25
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He always came across as a fine upstanding citizen in his earlier days via the media....... didle lidle lidle lum !
Old 01-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #26
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
He always came across as a fine upstanding citizen in his earlier days via the media....... didle lidle lidle lum !
So did a lot of Catholic Priests..............
Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #27
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
So did a lot of Catholic Priests..............
Just a point of information as to the catholic priests allegedly being the worst offenders in the world - it couldn't be further from the truth.

Of all vocations priests rank amongst the lowest percentage in the world of sexual offenders - with less than 1 percent being offenders.

Amongst the highest percentile of offenders are judges, police, and the worst are the boy-scouts.
Further, you're 8 times more likely to be offended against as a child by a relative than you are by a priest; a far cry from the images perpetrated by the media. If journalists weren't scared they'd blow the lid off the religion of peace - and the endemic of underage marriages from men to pre-teenagers.

If you haven't been able to figure out why the catholic church has the royal commission into it (in big bold type) and other religions (in small font) then I'll lay it out for you:
John McTiernan advocated the royal commission based on the fact that if he makes Catholicism look bad, then enough stupid people will think lots of Catholics are inherently bad. Why would he do this? Well, his boss the former PM Gillard, was going into an election against a practicing Catholic who was once going to be a priest no less. Coincidence?
Sorry, but the whole thing was politicized from the beginning.
I'm not defending Catholic priests, but the off the cuff remarks of a smear campaign started by a political animal fighting for survival by defamation of a large group of people has really gone on too long.
By all means expose the predators and lock them up, but don't fall for a political campaign started by a hack trying every dirty trick in the book to smear the opponent.

Quote: