Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Big month for Falcon??

Local dealer has 9 brand new FGs they registered on the last day for April and are selling for incredibly good prices.

And on here one of the sponsors was advertising undriven registered in April XR6s for from $32990 driveaway with tech pack.

Big rebates from Ford to boost Aprils numbers?

Who is betting that April will be a big month for Falcon!!

Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Local dealer has 9 brand new FGs they registered on the last day for April and are selling for incredibly good prices.

And on here one of the sponsors was advertising undriven registered in April XR6s for from $32990 driveaway with tech pack.

Big rebates from Ford to boost Aprils numbers?

Who is betting that April will be a big month for Falcon!!

Runout without a "Runout" ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well they do have a runout model, they need to clear stock of the 5-Speed auto. I believe the 6-Speed ZF becomes the standard as of June 2010 and the 5-Speed gets the boot?

Here's hoping we can get some good figures!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know about the run out deals, but I walk past a Ford dealer most days of the week for about the last 4 years.. I can't recall the last time I've seen some many Falcons & Territs in the holding lot this month.. Lots of turn around, so I'd excpt a big number too!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

VFACTS are out tommorrow, all those dealers registering 'demos' in the last days of April should boost Falcon numbers significantly.

Would Ford be making money on these cars? 32990 driveaway for April build XR6s is just crazy.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
VFACTS are out tommorrow, all those dealers registering 'demos' in the last days of April should boost Falcon numbers significantly.

Would Ford be making money on these cars? 32990 driveaway for April build XR6s is just crazy.
Who says they're April build ?
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Who says they're April build ?

they were listed with the some of the cars in this link:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...12#post3167512

Certainly not old stock lying around.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Not saying others dont do it, but surely that is just a blatant attempt to get more cars "registered".
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Are you Trolling or misrepresenting the data ?

2 or those 8 vehicles are April build. How many other April build discount cars are in the 2700 ? Hmmmm ?

Sounds to me like you're trying to make light of Ford results and link them to some theory you have ....
Old 05-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Are you Trolling or misrepresenting the data ?

2 or those 8 vehicles are April build. How many other April build discount cars are in the 2700 ? Hmmmm ?

Sounds to me like you're trying to make light of Ford results and link them to some theory you have ....

Yep you caught me definately misrepresenting the data, because a March 2010 built car sold in April is a world of difference to a April 2010 car sold in April.

The biggest misrepresentation of the facts is that Ford has already sold every car they make. We have cars only weeks old from the factory being registered on the last day of April and discounted to buggery. - So much for chasing profits not market share.

Hey I know I probably take the devils advocate role a bit far sometimes, but that doesnt mean that Im a troll. I think Ford deserves every sale they get, as the car is outstanding. I just think a critical eye on the company is healthy for any Ford enthusiast, or we could turn into blind sheep (a bit like Holden supporters haha)
Old 04-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It'd cost more to have 5-Speed Auto models sitting on the lots for the next six months. They need to clear this stock and get the ZF auto into circulation. As the factory that produces the Falcon 5-Speed unit is ceasing production, I'm betting Ford have got access to a lot of stock at extremely cheap prices, hence drive-away XR6 prices and G6 LE (two runs of).
Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Default Record new-car sales in April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dowling
Official figures expected to show the strongest first four months of any year
New-car sales records appear set to continue to tumble -- and 2010 is well on track to return to 1 million-plus annual motor vehicle sales -- according to preliminary figures shown to the Carsales Network.

The new-car market grew by a massive 18 per cent in the first three months of this year compared with the first three months of last year -- April data is expected to show even higher growth, but the figures are yet to be released.

The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries is due to release the official April new motor vehicle sales tally at midday tomorrow (Wednesday May 5).

The preliminary data shows that Toyota's Hilux utility took the sales leadership for the month and the Holden Commodore is still on track to become Australia's favourite car for a record 15th year in a row.

The preliminary data also shows that most of the big car brands have recorded massive, double-digit growth.

Comparing April 2010 sales with April 2009 sales, Hyundai is up a staggering 62 per cent, Mitsubishi is up 50 per cent, Mazda is up 33 per cent, Toyota is up 28 per cent, Holden is up 27 per cent, Nissan is up 25 per cent and Ford is up 20 per cent.

One of the few mainstream brands to grow at a slower rate than the booming market is Honda, which was up by only 2 per cent, continuing a run of weak sales over the past 18 months or so.

While the Holden Commodore (3100) comfortably outsold the Ford Falcon (2700), the Holden was again challenged by a bunch of small cars, including one from its own stable.

The Mazda3 posted just shy of 3100 sales, the figures are expected to show, while the Holden Cruze small car posted 2500 sales. Once the hatchback version of the Cruze arrives next year it could finally overtake the Commodore as Holden's (and Australia's) biggest seller, as predicted by the new boss of Holden, Mike Devereux.

In the Light and Small car stakes, Hyundai's Getz had another blinder with 2200 sales (mainly driven by rental fleets buying up big before the model is phased out), while the Hyundai i30 did almost 2500 sales compared to the Toyota Corolla's tally of 2800.

The real battle, however, is in the recreational vehicle and softroader classes.

Toyota's Prado was the country's biggest-selling 4WD in April, but the softroader battle was particularly tight, with a neck and neck race between the Subaru Forester (1115 sales), Holden Captiva (just shy of 1100 sales) and Ford Territory (1080 sales).

Other recreational vehicles to enjoy strong growth were the Mitsubishi Outlander (up 120 per cent), Mitsubishi Pajero (up 60 per cent) and Nissan Dualis (up 255 per cent). All percentages compare April 2010 sales with April 2009 sales.

Not so lucky was the Nissan Pathfinder, with sales down by 89 per cent.

The official data is due to be unveiled at midday on May 5 and could vary slightly from the preliminary data used in this story.
http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2010...in-april-19242
Old 04-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Hmm didn't the Commodore sell over 4000 in March?

Supposedly?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Only 3100 Commodores compared to 2700 Falcons... without utes i guess.

Thats only 400 cars and Holden has the wagon, Fords finanlly starting to catch up!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Only 3100 Commodores compared to 2700 Falcons... without utes i guess.

Thats only 400 cars and Holden has the wagon, Fords finanlly starting to catch up!!

Great month for Territory too.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #16
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowling the holden fanboi
Holden Captiva (just shy of 1100 sales) and Ford Territory (1080 sales).

While the Holden Commodore (3100) comfortably outsold the Ford Falcon (2700),
Dowling is a frustrating person to read from..

Captiva "just shy" of 1100 sales but Terri is 1080... um isn't 1080 just shy of 1100 too?? Why post the exact number for one but "talk up" the other when in reality they're as good as the same???

Also "Comfortably" doesn't really capture the fact that the gap has closed significantly for Falcon to Commodore...

Old 04-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
XR8putts

Holden Captiva (just shy of 1100 sales) and Ford Territory (1080 sales). Interesting wording/arranging, Drive.

Whilst it's still not a great number for Ford, it's a good result when compared to Holden's number (which includes the Commodore hatch I imagine?). Wonder how the utes both companies did.

The now 4 yearold VE is starting to hurt Holden, and I don't think an interior update will change much either. I also don't buy the 'people are waiting for the new Commodore' tagline because the average buyer does not follow LS1 or AFF, or even know what an internet forum is - as far as they're concerned the latest VE Commodore looks exactly like their own 3yo VE Commodore, so they look and buy elsewhere.

If the VE update is not a significant one (aesthetically), then I think sales will continue to fall, no matter what they do on the inside.

Decent month for the Terri, especially considering it's age. The redesigned Terri/diesel should see numbers back into the 1500-2000 range for a significant period of time I'd imagine.

Great work Ford.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
The now 4 yearold VE is starting to hurt Holden, and I don't think an interior update will change much either. .
They'll just pull out the "this is the greatest change in Commodores history" line again. Should be able to fool the masses.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #19
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
They'll just pull out the "this is the greatest change in Commodores history" line again. Should be able to fool the masses.
Yes, but the last GMH fooling has seemed to last only 6mths worth of sales so far.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
XR8putts

Beaten to it, great minds think alike :P
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #21
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Good to see ford claw back some ground, but then, it's not just about selling cars, it's about making a profit on them too. Which ford are doing. It would be good to see the ute sales figures too, that might close the gap a bit more I'd imagine.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #22
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Good to see ford claw back some ground, but then, it's not just about selling cars, it's about making a profit on them too. Which ford are doing. It would be good to see the ute sales figures too, that might close the gap a bit more I'd imagine.

I doubt they were profitable, Ford have been giving Falcons away and also registering unsold stock to boost April numbers.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #23
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I doubt they were profitable, Ford have been giving Falcons away and also registering unsold stock to boost April numbers.
Like Holden have been doing for 6-12 months?

Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Not really.. They are just starting to discount them now... Ford have not be pushing the FG with marketing really either, only the Limited Edition G6. Ford Plan to outsell Holden in the next 3 months.. Wait watch and see, thats all i can say.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #25
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The Falcon really isn't very far behind the commo, once the 5ltr S/C is on offer watch them fly out the door!, and when the Diesel Terry finally arrives they also will sell like know body's business!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #26
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not really.. They are just starting to discount them now... Ford have not be pushing the FG with marketing really either, only the Limited Edition G6. Ford Plan to outsell Holden in the next 3 months.. Wait watch and see, thats all i can say.
When you say "Ford Plan to outsell Holden in the next 3 months" do you mean "Ford Plan to outsell Holden in the next 3 months" or "Falcon Plan to outsell Commodore in the next 3 months
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #27
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
When you say "Ford Plan to outsell Holden in the next 3 months" do you mean "Ford Plan to outsell Holden in the next 3 months" or "Falcon Plan to outsell Commodore in the next 3 months

I don't think we will see either of those statements happen. The only one that could come close is falcon versus commodore. The commo has been on top since '96 and I doubt that is about to change.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #28
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
He said "Holden".
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #29
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
A number of others have taken a stab. I'll just add 'in locally built vehicles'.

If Territory & Ute both keep heading upwards to last years average of 1250/mth each and the Falcon maintains 2750/mth then the aim of "Ford plan to outsell Holden in the next 3 months in locally built vehicles" could easily come true.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #30
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks mate, you are always good for a laugh.....!

Any chance of telling Ford HQ where all the unsold stock is? They can't seem to find the ones you speak of.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post