Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default child birth story....What a day......But a great result

Well its been 39 weeks on this saturday and all was well with the wifes pregnency ,so the waters brake last night at 1am, thats cool we ring the midwife and organise a check up in the morning get there ,she says everythings fine,I'll book you in for tommorrow morning 8am and thing should start to happen...........

So we drive home and things speed up and within an hr contractions are about 1 minute apart 1 minute intervals,we ring the nurse she says "stay home plenty of time" ,contractions increase in the next ten minute to every thirty secs for 1.30minute,so I ring to say we are coming to the hospital no matter what ,she's reluctantly but agrees ,so go back to the misses she on the floor in the bathroom ready to have the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
I Ring the ambo give them all the details and the situation ,they were great but were 15 minutes away ,the emergency services guy rings back and says
"OK your going to have to deliver the baby"!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i havent done this before obviously)
So get her all preped in the position with the 000 guy on the phone telling me what to do "thinking this cant be that hard right"I look around the ambo guys turned up (thank christ),I was a little nervious at this stage,so fast forward 2 minutes we"re in the ambo,flying down the M5 as fast as it goes,(30minutes to the hospital) and about 10ks from the hopital there no stopping nature and with abit of screaming,bitting and punching................

Out pops my Baby girl Laura Rose 7.2lb still travelling at 160klms so Im told,sweat pouring from both of the ambo guy and my self,get to the hospital after getting lost in there for 10 minutes the babys settled on mums tum,we find a room cut the cord and were done..........

All in a days work eh...............we are very tired and very happy!!!!!!!!!!!

V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post