Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Swedishmoose

Default Fuel Pump and roof lining

Hi there...

I've got two absolutely different questions

The first question is about my fuel pump :

Its a Falcon Futura ( model 2000 ) automatic.
The moment I turn the engine off , I can hear a sound from the boot which reminds me of a soft horn . You can only hear it for like half a second and because it comes from the boot and only when you turn the engine off , I think its the fuel pump. It is also interesting that it only happens when I drive a very short distance ( lets say 1 km ) in the morning ( when the car was resting all night ) and turn it off the first time. When I restart and turn it off again, the noise doesn't appear again. It also doesn't happen when I start it in the morning and go for a longer drive.
In what circumstances can a fuel pump create noises the moment it is turning off ( air in the system or in the pump ? ).

Well...if the fuel pump is slowely giving up I guess I have to replace it soon. Is there a decent way to get the cover plate of in the boot ? I don't want to damage the cover and certainly not the paint job in the boot. The factory used a very tough glue or sealer to stick it on top ( why didn't the use screws ?!?!?! ).

So...if anyone has got an idea what could cause that noise in the boot and how I can get that cover panel off without damaging it ....just let me know.

My second question is about my roof lining:

In my maintenance book it says you can get it through the downfolded rear seats and pull it out through the boot.
Well, I bet it works if it is a station wagon.....but with the sedan..I don't know.

Those roof linings are very brittle and you can't really bend them or whatever.
And because the roof is so wide it also seems impossible to drag it through the rear door without damaging it. I think when they manufacture a car, they put the roof lining through the windscreen opening before they actually put the windscreen in.

Has anyone had the situation ?

How can I cet the roof lining out of my AU Falcon sedanwthout damaging it ?

Thank you for any ideas regarding my two questions.

The Moose

Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post