Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 1/4 mile hints n tips, FG XR8 UTE :)

Hey lads

Going to take the fg xr8 ute down the quarter mile for the 1st time this wednesday, she's got a zf 6 speed.

just thought i'd ask the wealth of people in the know on the forums as to the best way to launch and get my boss 290 coupled with the zf 6 speed, from go to finish in the fastest way possible ;)

shes got 20's all round, 8.5" front 10" rear, i'm trying to source some track tyres but i'm just keen to get her down n get a base figure first.

She's stock, with 3300km's on the odo and a cat back zorst i'm figuring traction is going to be my hardest hurdle, should i do it in full auto or manual mode, i'm pretty used to using manual mode and prefer it, whats your guys thoughts? What should i stall it to b4 launch? whats the go with DCS as it annoys me greatly already :P anyway any help would be great and thanks in advance for your time

Scotty

All 20th Ann extras

: |||Mods To Date - Lowered all Round on Walkinshaw Springs. More to come . Tuned by ?????- Power - . ||| :

|Hers| 2009 LV XR5 Turbo in Silhouette
AzuR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post