Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
CODSASR

Default how much training do vic police get?

Just wondering how much training non HWP officers get on cars.

I have just gotten home from a BBQ and since I had a few too many I got my brother in law to drive home he is a P plater. Well halfway home we get pulled over two officers got out of the car a older officer and a young one who would have been about 19 or 20 they asked to pop the bonnet and the young one proceded to have a look whial the older one asked whos car it was and asked for my brother in laws licence then went back to his car to check details.

Whial we where waiting the young one came back to the drivers window and said he would have to charge my brother in law for driving a turbo powerd vehicle whial on P plates. I looked over and said show me what your talking about as there is no turbo. When I got to the front of the car he pointed at the throttle body and said thats a turbo just then the older officer showed up asking what the problem was. The young one said that I tried to say there is no turbo and pointed at the throttle body well the older one laughed and said no mate thats the throttle body the young one went a bit red.

In the end we got an apology and sent us on our way. So I am wondering how much the new recruits are tought about cars or did we just get a smart *** one?

( please no cop bashing)

2012 SZ TS Territory