Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Died and gone to heaven ;) Pic heavy!

So a few weeks ago it was my birthday... yay... thought the gifts were done and dusted.

Apparently not.....

Yesterday I got to drive some very nice cars..... I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Turn up to a gated lot on Victoria rd, Drummoyne, Sydney with the wife.....

Plus a few Porsches, a Ferrari F430 and a Nissan GTR... She had booked me a 'drive day' God bless her soul.... After the morning briefing we got given our roster and away we went.....

First up.... 2010 Lotus Elise Club Racer:

Game ON!

And in the review mirror.......

I liked the simple design of the Lotus. Get in, turn the key and away you go. Reminded me of my Bugeye Sprite. Light body, no-frills interior, low and a small but willing engine.

First change over.... The smiles on these guys faces were priceless....

The Lambo got lost on the way. When it finally pulled up the police did the same 3 minutes after. Pointing to the car. We were all thinking it was the first car to be confiscated but they were just curious to have a look in the end.....

Next up..... 2011 Porsche 911 997 Carrera Cabriolet

254kw / 4.9 seconds 0-100 and 7 speed triptronic on both the stick and the wheel.

Wooo hooooo

Felt very fast yet comfortable to drive.... It was my wife’s favourite car (anything would have been after the Elise I think).

Next changeover:

The best wife a guy could ask for:

Next up, Porsche Boxter 987:

180kw / 6.1 0-100 and triptronic auto only on the wheel however.

I had no chance in keeping up........

Next stop, Lunch

And then the Ferrari F430 Just got to open the... ummm 'boot' to put the bags in.

Good thing we travel light!

4.3l V8, 6sp F1 box, 360kw and an open stretch of road make an evil mix

The sound dropping back 2 cogs and flooring it... Oh man

The Ferrari was easy to drive actually. Gear changes had a bit of a blimp that needed to be eliminated with the throttle but not as harsh as I imagined it to be. One could easily take it down the shops to buy some bread and milk perhaps.

The heart of the beast:

Next change over, Nissan GTR!

480HP of naughtiness.....

Very easy to drive, made a nice sound a split second before each down change. EASILY the fastest car on the day. The torque was something scary and the car just seemed to have an endless amount of oooomph in any gear.

Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post